Mechanics - Picking Locks...

Raithe

Okay, I have to wonder, am I missing something here. How do you actually try using Mechanics to open locked doors?  So far I've found a few doors that show that icon of a doorway with a red keyhole, but nothing on how to pick them. Hell, I've picked up various keys in locations and none of them seem to do anything so far either...

My Rogue goes up to doors,and just stands there doing nada... Which seems a little pointless.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah. I keep finding lockpicks. And then they disappear from my inventory.

Ah well.

I made a Rogue and pumped mechanics, opened the door just fine. I guess the lockpick is only needed if you don't quite qualify to open the door with your skill alone. If you level mechanics and another skill you won't be able to open any doors in the BB it seems, at least not until you level up.

I think my Rogue has Mechanics level 7 at the moment. But you don't get any messages of "you cannot open this lock" just nothing happening at all.

I just wasn't sure if there were any specific icons you had to click on to actually try picking locks.

I think my Rogue has Mechanics level 7 at the moment. But you don't get any messages of "you cannot open this lock" just nothing happening at all.

I just wasn't sure if there were any specific icons you had to click on to actually try picking locks.

I got a Mechanics Required: 7 or whatever message when I failed to pick a lock.

I just don't get any messages. Rogue walks up to a door and nothing. Whether it's in that Cultist ruins, or the Inn, or the Tannery... So I'd guess that might slide this more into a bug then a "I have no clue what I'm doing" avenue... :shifty:

I just don't get any messages. Rogue walks up to a door and nothing. Whether it's in that Cultist ruins, or the Inn, or the Tannery... So I'd guess that might slide this more into a bug then a "I have no clue what I'm doing" avenue... :shifty:

Weird. Shows up in the combat log for me.

For me too. I've used pick locks once, and then a number of them was deduced from my stack, so it seemed to work as intended (at least when you don't have Mechanic raised sky-high.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Weird. Shows up in the combat log for me.

It only seems to do it intermittently.  I had one in the Skaen ruins pop up and tell me, while other times its just been a crapshoot as to whether they go and try to pick the lock or not.  

• Like 1

I'm getting the same experience, mechanics are 10+

Although on another go through , I've found if I have the entire party selected and click on the locked door in the Cultist Ruins I now get a "Requires Mechanics 7" message in the log..  Which is odd because my Rogue has Mechanics 7.

If I select just the Rogue and click on the door, I get nothing. No message, and no open door. WIth the entire party selected.. just the "you need Mechanics 7" message.

Ive had some weirdness too. On the second floor of the inn there are two locked chests. I selected BB Rogue and tried to open them a few times but nothing happened, no message about lockpicks and no action taken by the NPC. Then I tried it one last time and voila, all of a sudden she picked the locks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently experiencing the same thing too. The party stares dumbfounded at the doors in the tannery/cultist cave. Trying to put lockpicks in the quick item slot doesn't work. Double-clicking it does nothing. Unlike some of the other posters from above, I don't get any prompts about Mechanics.

I also tried to lock bash but haha, nope. All in all though, wow, what a promising experience. I haven't been able to get any games for a long time but this... so far it's been like coming home :3

OK this just got more interesting.

The locked chests in the inn can be picked. The door in the currier cannot. The difference is that Tab shows the chests are interact-able items (highlighted in blue) whereas the one in the currier is not marked as such. The locked icon with the red keyhole shows up for it, though.

I'm currently experiencing the same thing too. The party stares dumbfounded at the doors in the tannery/cultist cave. Trying to put lockpicks in the quick item slot doesn't work. Double-clicking it does nothing. Unlike some of the other posters from above, I don't get any prompts about Mechanics.

I also tried to lock bash but haha, nope. All in all though, wow, what a promising experience. I haven't been able to get any games for a long time but this... so far it's been like coming home :3

One of the 3 guards outside the main room has the key.