What is Deep Wounds and why is it godly?

Karkarov

Question

This screen shot says it all.  Please bear in mind everything you see in the combat log happened over the course of like 2 seconds.  Literally two of my party died from the same attack in what would be called one round of combat.

iEy8pquwUTaEa.png

Okay so after replaying this I have seen it.  There is one Skaen Cultist with daggers who doesn't even do any moves.  He just walks up and attacks once, if his attack hits, he scores Deep Wounds, and your character instantly dies.  Considering he just soloed my entire party because due to another bug I can't cripple him and he killed the mage in one hit before he could get a spell off.... we might want to make this one a high priority fix.

Specifically it is the one wearing the red shawl.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 2

10 answers to this question

I got a character "one" shot by deep wounds during the final boss in that dungeon as well. Initially thought it was some boss ability I must have misunderstood but that looks like just a fight with regular cultists.

It does do ridiculous amounts of damage.

I got a character "one" shot by deep wounds during the final boss in that dungeon as well. Initially thought it was some boss ability I must have misunderstood but that looks like just a fight with regular cultists.

It does do ridiculous amounts of damage.

It isn't even a move, this one cultist just walks up and if he hits you then you take deep wounds and you die.

Karkarov: Wow! I had a breeze down there on Easy with five characters. That ring-a-ring-a-roses kukri cultist sounds really scary!

EDIT: And yeah, that area ain't the boss area as far as I can tell, coz I've been there, and it was more of the same

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

To further clarify the specific cultist that does this is the one standing behind and to Wyrmund's right when you enter the door.  He is wearing red leather armor duel wielding daggers.

Karkarov: Wow! I had a breeze down there on Easy with five characters. That ring-a-ring-a-roses kukri cultist sounds really scary!

EDIT: And yeah, that area ain't the boss area as far as I can tell, coz I've been there, and it was more of the same

No that is the boss fight this guy is in, it is just I ran back to the previous room cause I am trying to win it without also obliterating the elf girl.

Heh! That means I mowed down that boss without really noticing. I do recall that one fight down there took a while longer. Now I know why! :lol:

Did I obliterate an elf girl? Who knows? *I simply must go back there again (I think I passed through twice - since I was running between them tanners plus that water-logged beetle passage and then the stone-pushed-aside staircase, just to check if I had missed something. Apparently I did!

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Heh! That means I mowed down that boss without really noticing. I do recall that one fight down there took a while longer. Now I know why! :lol:

Did I obliterate an elf girl? Who knows? *I simply must go back there again (I think I passed through twice - since I was running between them tanners plus that water-logged beetle passage and then the stone-pushed-aside staircase, just to check if I had missed something. Apparently I did!

:p There is like a forced dialog and everything before this fight pretty sure you missed it.

You can spoil it for me. I have no qualms there, heh! There is another explanation: that the picture resembles another part of those ruins (which I have been cleaning out except a room with purple lights, people lying on the floor, with a couple of doors with Mechanic 7 or 7 lockpicks as a requirement. I only have 5 atm. If that boss with that forced dialog is beyond those doors, please enlighten me! :dancing: