Pink Eternity?

Sammael

Question

I know there are assets missing, but when I initially started the game, everything was... pink. For example, this what the character creation screen looked like:

cq5IRj.png

The same thing occurred in the options screen, and during the initial load. The whole screen just went pink.

After restarting, assets were loaded properly. 

• Like 1

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

7 answers to this question

Sure thing.

Intel Core i7 2600 @3.4 GHz

ASUS P8P67 MB

8 GB RAM 

ASUS AMD Radeon HD 6850 (Catalyst version 13.12)

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

DirectX 11

Samsung 971P

Screen resolution 1280x1024 

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

First of all, @vril did come off as slightly hostile but I don't really care. I didn't post the specs in the first post because I wanted to see first if anybody else had had the issue (I searched the forum before posting but it's really impossible to tell since there is no convention to naming threads and people often post multiple bugs in the same thread). 

It's not a loose cable, that's for sure, all the cables are secure (and simply reloading the game fixed the problem). It could be a driver issue, but since I'm not having any trouble with any other games, I'd say it's more likely an issue with Eternity than with the drivers themselves.

Or, it's a loading/caching problem, for whatever reason Eternity wasn't able to load or cache the resources the first time I ran the game.

Edited by Sammael

Hello Sammael,

Thank you for your posting and for providing your system specifications. This is an issue that is known to us and appears to be related to an error in loading assets properly. While we have seen this issue before, it is very helpful to have more information to supplement our bug reports. I will make sure this information is added to our database.

Thank you for your continued support during the backer beta!