Dyrford Ruins, super generous bug

Karkarov

Question

I most cleared out the ruins, killed almost all the mobs.  I came in through the entrance at the tanners, fought my way all the way to the entrance that leads to the skull marker ruins.  At the time I didn't know where the second entrance would drop me so I decided to check it out and discover this.  When I went back in I found that every enemy loot pile from every mob I had killed respawned and let me loot them again.

Pretty sure that wasn't intended. 

As an aside enemy loot drops are also not highlighting with Tab.

More serious note, not sure how it happened, but at one point I used Crippling Strike with BB Rogue and instead of actually performing the attack it simply "activated" it and BB Rogue could from them on never use the move again as it was stuck "activated" and could not be turned off.  This also happened to Escape after I used that once this bug happened.  No idea how to reproduce or what caused it.  It did happen in a fight where a  Skaen Temple Guard used the move on me at the same time I did it to him I think?  Or perhaps the guard reflected it somehow?

I will post an update once I learn if a quit game and full reload fixes it.

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

Update:  Nope.  Once the Crippling Strike bug has happened you are done.  Even a full quit and reload did not fix it, my BB Rogue on that save file can no longer perform the move crippling strike, period.

More serious note, not sure how it happened, but at one point I used Crippling Strike with BB Rogue and instead of actually performing the attack it simply "activated" it and BB Rogue could from them on never use the move again as it was stuck "activated" and could not be turned off.  This also happened to Escape after I used that once this bug happened.  No idea how to reproduce or what caused it.  It did happen in a fight where a  Skaen Temple Guard used the move on me at the same time I did it to him I think?  Or perhaps the guard reflected it somehow?

I will post an update once I learn if a quit game and full reload fixes it.

See one of PrimeJunta's combat bug threads, the one with the frozen icon! PJ and I realized that all those bugs most likely have something to do with the path-finding freezing things up badly. I may also add that I have managed to shake all those bugs without having to turn the game off or force-quit/ESC. I refused to give up - in one case this meant waiting like 5 minutes and trying stuff until they game responded. It feels like a buffer overload. Have you noticed hoe the combat log gets clogged with info and starts lagging behind extremely bad? At one point, it almost slowed down the game itself for me.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

See one of PrimeJunta's combat bug threads, the one with the frozen icon! PJ and I realized that all those bugs most likely have something to do with the path-finding freezing things up badly. I may also add that I have managed to shake all those bugs without having to turn the game off or force-quit/ESC. I refused to give up - in one case this meant waiting like 5 minutes and trying stuff until they game responded. It feels like a buffer overload. Have you noticed hoe the combat log gets clogged with info and starts lagging behind extremely bad? At one point, it almost slowed down the game itself for me.

I wish it were that simple.  Nope, the ability is locked.  It shows a green highlight and says "activated" if you mouse over it, and it is impossible to deactivate it.

Well I haven't tried getting her intentionally killed yet....

Karkarov: I had exactly that too, no kidding, and down in the ruins!

It was green and it said "activated" if you moused it over. In fact, I've had it with the BB rogue as well. The good news is that you could break out of it (but it took quite some time then too - and I think the rogue was downed at that time.

EDIT: I've had plenty of similar "temp freeze" bugs in combat, so I didn't pay that much attention to it being slightly different than the other times.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Karkarov: I had exactly that too, no kidding, and down in the ruins!

It was green and it said "activated" if you moused it over. In fact, I've had it with the BB rogue as well. The good news is that you could break out of it (but it took quite some time then too - and I think the rogue was downed at that time.

EDIT: I've had plenty of similar "temp freeze" bugs in combat, so I didn't pay that much attention to it being slightly different than the other times.

I haven't tried killing her yet, I guess that is what it takes to fix it.

Edited by Karkarov