Star Forge Madness!

KOTOR makes it very clear the Star Forge is a powerful instrument of the Dark Side, almost like a living entity which both feeds off of and strengthens those who use the Dark Side.

We also know, however, that it drove the Rakata mad. Already an aggressive species, they turned on one another in an endless civil war, and became all the more cruel and barbaric because of the influence of their own invention. We can also see the first stirrings of that madness in Malak, who seems more intent on laying waste to the entire galaxy by destroying planet after planet rather than pursuing the more sensible course of simple conquest.

The computer in the Temple on the Unknown Planet makes it clear that only one of very strong will can use the Star Forge without losing himself to it. As such, regardless of whether you went Light Side or Dark Side at the end of KOTOR, I think this is what they'll use to ditch that walking plot complication named Revan.

With the Dark Side KOTOR ending: Revan begins to go mad due to the overwhelming presence of the Star Forge. While he still has the will to resist, he orders the entire thing destroyed, hoping to retain his sanity and believing he has more than enough ships and men already to conquer the Galaxy.

As an explanation of his exile, the Sith beneath Revan don't understand this order, see their 'ace in the hole' blown to bits, and rebel en masse, rising up to drive him into exile and leading to the reigning Sith Lords we face in KOTOR II.

With the Light Side KOTOR ending: The Star Forge is already gone, so that's no worry. However, Revan did fight his way through one of the most concentrated centers of Dark power in the entire Star Wars galaxy; even with his redemption, he could thus feel his sanity slipping away from such prolonged exposure to the Dark Side. Fearing a fall back into his old ways, he submits himself to voluntary exile away from the still-raging Sith war, and while he's gone the Sith begin to win again.

Voila. Revan is removed from the equation, and whatever fate they have in store for him is set up. ;)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Different, but very good and well explained theory. However, about the part the DS ending part where they rebelled because they did not understand the order he gave, I think it is more likely, (and evil), that he gets kicked because he lost a source of his power, not because he ordered it destroyed.

My only point is that Revan was supposed to be stronger than Malak, I also take that to mean that he had a stronger will so shouldn't he be able to control the SF. But i suppose that point is debateable.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

My only point is that Revan was supposed to be stronger than Malak, I also take that to mean that he had a stronger will so shouldn't he be able to control the SF. But i suppose that point is debateable.

But maybe that's why pre-wipe Revan intended to use the Star Forge only as a production factory! It was Malak who stupidly "woke it up" and he did it shortly before the final encounter. And yes, the SF not only drove the Rakata insane in short order, it also leached their Force power out of them. That could be an excellent reason for a DS Revan to destroy it, and to be personally weakened as a result, so that s/he could be driven away. Excellent theory!

With the LS Revan everything is pretty simple - as the computer on Kashyyk noted, violence wakes up brain patterns similar to his pre-wipe self. Fighting another prolongued war would lead to another fall. Thus Revan abjures violence and leaves.

KOTOR makes it very clear the Star Forge is a powerful instrument of the Dark Side, almost like a living entity which both feeds off of and strengthens those who use the Dark Side.

We also know, however, that it drove the Rakata mad. Already an aggressive species, they turned on one another in an endless civil war, and became all the more cruel and barbaric because of the influence of their own invention. We can also see the first stirrings of that madness in Malak, who seems more intent on laying waste to the entire galaxy by destroying planet after planet rather than pursuing the more sensible course of simple conquest.

The computer in the Temple on the Unknown Planet makes it clear that only one of very strong will can use the Star Forge without losing himself to it. As such, regardless of whether you went Light Side or Dark Side at the end of KOTOR, I think this is what they'll use to ditch that walking plot complication named Revan.

With the Dark Side KOTOR ending: Revan begins to go mad due to the overwhelming presence of the Star Forge. While he still has the will to resist, he orders the entire thing destroyed, hoping to retain his sanity and believing he has more than enough ships and men already to conquer the Galaxy.

As an explanation of his exile, the Sith beneath Revan don't understand this order, see their 'ace in the hole' blown to bits, and rebel en masse, rising up to drive him into exile and leading to the reigning Sith Lords we face in KOTOR II.

With the Light Side KOTOR ending: The Star Forge is already gone, so that's no worry. However, Revan did fight his way through one of the most concentrated centers of Dark power in the entire Star Wars galaxy; even with his redemption, he could thus feel his sanity slipping away from such prolonged exposure to the Dark Side. Fearing a fall back into his old ways, he submits himself to voluntary exile away from the still-raging Sith war, and while he's gone the Sith begin to win again.

Voila. Revan is removed from the equation, and whatever fate they have in store for him is set up. :p

I remember having a similar theory, but it involved Bastilla being killed as a catalyst for Revan's ride to madness, no matter what ending you would choose, she would die anyway, for different reasons. I wouldn't be suprised if Obsidian chooses a similar route posted by you, since it's more fan-boy friendly ;)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's what I am saying, kill her, wipe her out. She bugged me to no end, Bleed her it'd be great.

I think it was a pretty good summary anyway Ivan, they'll have to dispatch the Star forge one way or the other. I thought they may just well have had it destroyed in that final battle despite the alignment you chose. I like those options better however.

Why can't they just keep it simple and say the darkside made Revan's feet fall off in the shower so he slipped and fell resulting in COLOR=red]DEATH!!!!!!!!!!.

NO my good son i have a better solution. First of all Reven killed ALL the sand people and put a bomb in their kingdom so they ALL blew up. HAHAHA!!! errr.... sorry :) Well for the darkside i think Reven bullied everyone to much and his whole army just turned on him. For the light side i think Revan was a goody goody little punk and he got killed by his army for being to good. (i mean how can anyone get that light) So thats what i think happened :ph34r:

Its on topic because we're giving or reasons Revan left.

Couldn't be Ep.2 that wasn't a bad movie. The Revan I knows everything in the galaxy is not perfect and was not spoiled so he doesn't care if things don't go his way so Lucas's changes are of little importance to him as he still enjoys the main plot of the movie. However those who annoy him with pleas of perfection (and bad reviews) meet his buddy and he doesn't play.

Its on topic because we're giving or reasons Revan left.

Couldn't be Ep.2 that wasn't a bad movie. The Revan I knows everything in the galaxy is not perfect and was not spoiled so he doesn't care if things don't go his way so Lucas's changes are of little importance to him as he still enjoys the main plot of the movie. However those who annoy him with pleas of perfection (and bad reviews) meet his buddy and he doesn't play.

Episode 2 is not as bad as one IMO, but in no way is it a good movie. Once again GL tried to appeal to too many people at once. The love story was patchy and poor, the guy who played Anakin was horrible, bad script, bad acting on Anakins part I am sure if Revan were to see this movie he would have used force lightning on whoever was in the projector room. Meanwhile I am relatively certain someone used the insanity power on GL for his recent remake of the remake of the THX enhanced version of SW. Revan saw this and realized not even the power of the Star Forge could save him and fled before he too was mangled by the insanity of Lucas.