Crash here, Crash there

Rillifane

Question

;(  It's sad that I am unable to give the beta a real try. This beta simply crashes once in a while at any unexpected moments when some files are being accessed. Every loading save games is a crash, sometimes save game is a crash, playing around in character creation choosing different classes is a crash, switching area causing loading error is a crash. I've updated the video card driver, but it doesn't help.

I've accumulated a lot of error reports folders, does anyone know where should I send the error reports or just attach here?

Attached are 4 of the error reports.

output_log01.txt

error01.txt

error02.txt

output_log02.txt

error03.txt

output_log03.txt

error04.txt

output_log04.txt

Edited by Rillifane
  • Like 1

9 answers to this question

Hmm, have you tried validating the files via steam? It may be a corrupt installation.

It randomly happens even when I save the progress file. So it's unlikely to be a corrupted download problem.

And even  I successfully save a game,the portrait of the character will always be a red question mark. It always crashes loading a saved game.

Hello Guys,

have similar Problems.

First wanted to play on German, but this was not a good idea.

If you are in the Menu the letter disapear. here some pics about what i mean with the menu.

Then char creation was very slow and Druid for example always caused an error.

Orlan Druid made an error which i can not screen shoot .. is a black screen when i do a screenshoot.

After some hours of trying I started the game on english and everything got a little better ^.^~>

Made an Elf Thief and first time i got in to the game, talked to some guys who want to hunt some young girl ...

After that small conversation i go to the church, crash!

I Realy dont know what to do i will try it as often is i can with some new adjustment.

always new crashes.

My machine is a:

Samsung Laptop

Intel® Core i5 CPU    M520 @ 2,40 Ghz

4,00 GB RAM

Windows 7 Home

SP 1

post-72232-0-69921900-1408480036_thumb.jpg

post-72232-0-44291400-1408480042_thumb.jpg

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

32-bit operating systems and an unoptimized game is going to lead to crashes.  No surprise there.

I have posted a temporary workaround for this here.

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

32-bit operating systems and an unoptimized game is going to lead to crashes.  No surprise there.

I have posted a temporary workaround for this here.

Thanks. I've tried the solution you posted. It seems that memory indeed is where the troubles comes from.  However, loading a save game creates a lot of memory leaks which means I won't be able to play a game without crash for a second reload.