Auto-pause: Weapon Ineffective too easily triggered

Tsumetai

Question

From my Combat Log: 

BB Fighter critically hits Wood Beetle for 27 slashing damage.

Auto-paused: Weapon Ineffective (BB Fighter)

Seems pretty effective to me.

Every attack my BB Fighter and BB Rogue make against the beetles triggers the auto-pause. They're the only party members doing slashing damage, and the beetles have higher DT against slashing damage than against other types, so it would appear that the condition for triggering this auto-pause is simply too sensitive. I would expect it to trigger only when my attacks are failing to do substantial damage, not simply when they're slightly less effective than normal.

4 answers to this question

Not so sure about that one. Yeah, it's annoying when it triggers every couple of seconds, but consider what happens when you're fighting, say, an enemy spellcaster with multiple defensive buffs. If my party's attacks suddenly stop working, I want to know every time, not just once.

The auto-pause also seems to trigger when an attack grazes a target.  Is this intentional?  I don't think a grazes should trigger the auto-pause since it isn't really that the weapon is ineffective, it just failed to connect with the target.

Not so sure about that one. Yeah, it's annoying when it triggers every couple of seconds, but consider what happens when you're fighting, say, an enemy spellcaster with multiple defensive buffs. If my party's attacks suddenly stop working, I want to know every time, not just once.

A good point, but I guess the system could still be a bit more intelligent and detect if something about the target has actually changed.