Tab key reveals hidden passage

Caerdon

Question

16 answers to this question

Hi Caerdon, the tab key revealing transitions is a design decision and working as intended. There are however hidden things you can find that do not show up by holding tab. To find these you need to have the corresponding amount of mechanics skill and enter Scouting mode. Have fun looking for those.

As always, thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Why the mechanics skill? why not a Search skill?

Because there isn't search skill and I suppose if you are good enough with mechanism you are good enough to recognize hidden mechanic objects

An example of stuff you can find with scout mode is Guildmaster's staff on second floor of the inn under floorboard. I'm actually going to make thread of that now that I realize people didn't know about it <_<

Hey I have a question. In the Ogre Den (in fact, mere inches away from where he initiates dialogue with you) there are a few things that highlight in blue when you hit the tab button. But... there is one thing, like, a little splotch on the ground, that highlights in bright purple. What *is* that?

Hey I have a question. In the Ogre Den (in fact, mere inches away from where he initiates dialogue with you) there are a few things that highlight in blue when you hit the tab button. But... there is one thing, like, a little splotch on the ground, that highlights in bright purple. What *is* that?

Well, floorboard in second floor of the inn was purple so-

Oh. Ooooooooooooooh. So THATS what it was. I was wondering same thing earlier, but didn't think of using scout mode <_<

I think its bug it gets highlighted before scout mode is used, but yeah, purple outline is used for scout mode hidden objects, so thats probably what it is

Huh... interesting.

I'm obsessive-compulsive when it comes to stuff like this in games. I cannot let hidden treasure go undiscovered. So, I guess I'll be starting another playthrough.

If you find any new ones, check this thread and report them please

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/67643-spoilers-what-secrets-and-epic-loot-have-you-found-so-far/

One other one I know of from reading that thread is that there is hidden reward in room with spider queen. So thats the reward for beating her I guess

• Like 1

Then how about tab highlight the loot on the ground? Sometimes it's really easy to overlook the loot without highlight.

To be honest, I'm surprised that loot hightlighting's not in there already...especially as it's possible for loot to be hidden behind things...

Hi Caerdon, the tab key revealing transitions is a design decision and working as intended. There are however hidden things you can find that do not show up by holding tab. To find these you need to have the corresponding amount of mechanics skill and enter Scouting mode. Have fun looking for those.

As always, thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it!

I understand that tab key highlights transitions, however it's also my understanding that this particular transition is supposed to be secret until we've interacted with the statue and revealed the hidden passage. So I really think we shouldn't be seeing the stairs symbol before that has happened.

Also, thanks for the response, it's good to see you guys are being so active here!

I understand that tab key highlights transitions, however it's also my understanding that this particular transition is supposed to be secret until we've interacted with the statue and revealed the hidden passage. So I really think we shouldn't be seeing the stairs symbol before that has happened.

Also, thanks for the response, it's good to see you guys are being so active here!

Hello all,

Thank you for your postings. So I have added this issue to our database. The transition icon is actually not intended to be visible and is in fact hidden. However if you save/load in this scene the transition icon is displayed and becomes usable prematurely.

Thank you all for your awesome feedback!  :lol: