Option bug [minor], Suggestion/problem 001#: Might and Dexterity (+classes)

Elmithian

Question

Option Bug: When going into the option menu and choosing for example, graphics, the text to the left that describes what option you currently are in, disappears (though the window the text was in remains). This is relatively minor as this does not affect the options nor prevents you from choosing the empty windows and going to different options. (there is no step to step to this other than I started the game, clicked the options, chose graphics and the windows to the left became empty)

Might and dexterity (+classes)

Problem: I have encountered the problem when starting the game first that I was unusually unsure which I should choose, Might or Dexterity. I was building an Godlike Paladin. The problem was, that according to each background the Paladin would get a different weapon (and starting gear), but there was no mention of which the weapon focused more on, Might or Dexterity. All it said was that they used accuracy which I guessed meant that they relied more on Dexterity, but that was in no way clear, especially since it seemed like all weapons were relying on accuracy and Might was just for slightly extra damage. 

Suggestion: Make the difference between those clear in the character creation. I noticed that when I started the game I saw percentage that indicated what I gained from each stat, but before that I had no idea of the actual value of each stat (except only a rough idea). I suggest that you change the text a bit to tell what specific weapon type rely more on, Might or Dex and also that this percentage can be seen in the character creation since that will make creating a character to your liking a lot easier.

Note: I have not played much of the game so far so I have not been able to test out the combat so maybe the weapons do not inherently rely more/only on one of those stats but due to being used to that type of setup I inherently expected it to work in such a way. There must be some way to make that part of character creation intuitive enough so new players realize how it works.

Regards,

Elm

Finding truth is a turn,
that a tester should apply with a pun
and report when it crashes his fun

Therein there is no gain,
but to aid those in pain,
for the helpful need to be
those who the truth will see

-------

Testing is a concept of trust
Trust between the big and the small
Trust that needs to be strong as a wall
Otherwise lies will turn it to rust

Hear me thee big o' man
Believe in the words I speak

And I will do my best for the community
To experience the best of your complexity

Written by:

- Elmithian (me)

2 answers to this question

As far as weapons go, might increases damage, dexterity increases accuracy; that's all there is to it, and that's the extent to which weapons rely on these attributes.

That does explain it to me, but I am sure that a lot of people that buy this game are folk that are used to setups like in D&D and such and thus without any explanation they may get confused. That is why this is a problem, since the character creation should be quite clear on what does what. I think just putting in the percentage for the stats (like you get when you look at the stats in-game) may make that much easier to understand.

Finding truth is a turn,
that a tester should apply with a pun
and report when it crashes his fun

Therein there is no gain,
but to aid those in pain,
for the helpful need to be
those who the truth will see

-------

Testing is a concept of trust
Trust between the big and the small
Trust that needs to be strong as a wall
Otherwise lies will turn it to rust