110$ for beta access

Am i the only guys who thinks it'a a little bit expensive ? I wait for this game until the first annoncement. I'm backed 29$ to support dev team, and d'or m'y regrets i have nom production link on my account today. A mistake for my part or a bug disappointment :-(

Beta access is a $25 add-on to any pledge.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'd email them to see if you can still purchase beta access, who knows you could get lucky.

EDIT- Actually if you login to your account , go to manage pledges, and click on buy addons you can still add an early beta access key.

Edited by jivex5k

There is no Early Access yet. I bet we will see that when the Beta is more polished.

If the beta isn't "early access," what is? I mean, ignoring the English language as you are.

They were replying to the poster above them if you bothered to read. Early Access with capital letters is specifically talking about games on Steam that get released to the public to purchase while they're unfinished for beta testing, with the blue "Early Access" tag. That person isn't "ignoring the english language"

Edited by Bli1942

I think people keep to keep in mind that the "beta" really is a beta in every sense of the word.

It is not "fun" to play.  It has a huge number of bugs, glitches, broken triggers.  It's sole purpose is to help identify bugs and provide feedback.

I paid at the $110 pledge so I could "see behind the curtain" of games development.  Not so I could get early access to the game.

If you don't fancy testing badly broken software, then you don't want into beta.  Wait till it's been polished and ready for release.

• Like 1

Badly broken software ... harsh. Too harsh. 

Not really.  It is badly broken.  Wonder over to the beta backer forum and take a look.  Most backers can't even finish the segment due to save bugs, disappearing quests, disappearing items, buggy skills, buggy level ups.   That's if you manage to get into the game itself, past crashes to desktop.

It is badly broken.  But that's completely to be expected and can absolutely be fixed.

At the core of the game is an amazing heart.  One that I think will make PoE a great success.  But it's going to be a rocky road to get there. 

If you're not going in with your eyes open about the state of beta, you're going to be badly disappointed.

As I said, I didn't buy beta access to "have fun".  I did it to try and help Obsidian produce a great game.

Edited by Quietwulf
  • Like 1

There is no Early Access yet. I bet we will see that when the Beta is more polished.

If the beta isn't "early access," what is? I mean, ignoring the English language as you are.

When someone says Early Access, I think of the STEAM model that is going on right now. Early Access means that people can freely buy the game. I would say this beta is a bit different. After the 22nd, beta access will be closed.