[Character Creation] In-engine character portrait?

philby

Question

Hi, perhaps this is something that was debated or talked about in the forums in the past or just not included in the beta? While I understand the nostalgia aspect and desired 'feel' of the game with regards to game lineage and character portraits, I also thought perhaps this was something where modern technology would also catch up. I'm pretty sure I read you will be able to upload your own custom portrait, but can we also have the option of using an in-engine portrait of your character as you have chosen in character creation? cheers :)

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Wasteland 2 did this. I feel the ingame portrait looked like ass, but I eventually went with them because the character art didn't AT ALL match my characters.

I haven't played Wasteland 2, but what I was thinking of was the way it worked in Dragon Age: Origins, where you can rotate the character's head, zoom in and out, move them around etc. I imagine it's similar in Wasteland 2 then? For the same reason, none of them look like my character that I've just made or what I would envisage them as :)