Winfrith's shop unable to exit

Balgin Stondraeg

Question

Hello there lovely folks at Obsidian. Today I was happily playing the Backer Beta and enjoying myself thoroughly. At one point I popped into Winfrith's Arms & Armoury to make a few purchases. When I headed out the door to return to town I got to spend about 20 minutes watching the loading screen. I waited this long because it's Beta and long load times are to be expected (plus I had a few household chores to take care of).

When it became evident that something had gone wrong somewhere I found that I could bring up the menu & escape to the main game menu. I should probably try to replicate this a few times but I thought I'd better report it first.

5 answers to this question

I had this same problem and had to bump down my screen resolution (from 1600x to 1440x) to exit the shop and have the outdoor screen load.  I'm playing on a non-gaming laptop at the moment, so with the current state of game optimization I can understand this issue.  

If others are having this same problem but are playing with reasonably powerful rigs, I think PJ's suggestion is the sensible course.