The simultanius Xbox and PC release...

The idea itself is nice, but i got my worries about it affecting the development for the PC though. Coming to mind is of course the Deus Ex: Invisible War, which turned out to be a horrendous port to the PC, which left a bitter taste for all the PC-folks out there.

Will the GUI/controlls be optimized seperately for the PC/Xbox? Will the textures be at a higher resolution than on the Xbox? Do even Obsidian have the staff to develop KotOR2 for two seperate platforms?

/me crosses fingers...

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Dw its not reallyu even a port. Obistan would learn from the development mistakes of bioware and make sure things go smoothly.

With the releasedate set to stone, how can one be entirely sure? :)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't expect Kotor2 to be radically different on PC. The first game was a decent port except for the controls, poor mouse support, etc. You can't change the design too much. The simultaneous release probably means that both platforms have their own 'version'.

They will get the Xbox version out first, then the PC, just like the original game. My opinion of what will happen anyway.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves ... the original PC version was really co-developed and not really a "port" ... remember that KotOR2 will build on the existing PC version and will likely not be "re-ported" from the XBOX version.

The tools for scripting are probably the same PC or Console (by that I mean they take the same input format), and since there are no major changes to anything codevelopment is no problem. If we were going to see something orignal you might have a valid concern, but KotOR2 is basically along the lines of a mod pack.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves ... the original PC version was really co-developed and not really a "port" ...

Yes, you go on thinking that :o We'll believe you, honestly :rolleyes:

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

The content was definately affected by the platforms it was produced for but it ain't an actual port, but perhaps it is a "port" ;) Depending on how you want to look at it of course, KotORII is going to be made with whatever considerations it is going to be made with anyway.

It doesn't bother me if PC Kotor is considered a "port" or not. There were a few things that screamed 'console' but since I enjoy PC/console games equally I don't mind. inventory/mouse support could be better though.

It doesn't bother me if PC Kotor is considered a "port" or not. There were a few things that screamed 'console' but since I enjoy PC/console games equally I don't mind. inventory/mouse support could be better though.

Yes, i don't discriminate either platform, i like the games for what they are. I just hope that when i buy the PC version it isn't bugged to hell, while on the xbox everything just flows flawlessly <_<

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I just hope that when i buy the PC version it isn't bugged to hell, while on the xbox everything just flows flawlessly

That always seems to be the case, doesn't it. I guess they figure it's so easy to patch on PC it's almost acceptable to release a buggy game. very amusing when a patch comes out mere days after the release - means they were aware of the bugs and shipped it anyway.

I guess that's the just the nature of PC configs and some rushing/pushyness from publishers or developers. heh it was so funny when the publishers of Derek Smart's game (Battlecruiser something ... I presume, don't really remember) published the RC or beta or something ;) well I'm sure someone can remember better than me.

Luckily I have run into very few problems in the release version games I've bought and played including KotOR(none that I'm aware of), though both versions had problem bugs and both were bug ridden according to some.

The only problem I had with KotOR in terms of bugs was that it refused to load when I first installed due to incompability with my drivers. But once I got newer drivers and turned on hardware mouse I had no problems at all and I finished it before the official patch was released.