[Request] Change speed of scrolling around map

philby

Question

Hi, not really a bug so much as a request, can we increase the speed you scroll around the map? I couldn't find it in any options. It's very slow using both the arrows on the keyboard and also moving the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen. Apologies if this is fixed/already mentioned.

• Like 2

10 answers to this question

I like the default mouse scroll speed, but a slider would be nice (an individual slider for all methods, not one slider that controls all of them).

Yes sorry, I meant can we have the options to change the speed, not just have it faster for everyone :)

• Like 1

I'd like the diagonal scroll activation area to be larger. Right now, you have to hit the corner of the screen almost right on to move the screen diagonally.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

I found the map scroll speed really slow. I wonder if it's related to my laptop stats. I tried to play around with settings but it didn't help and nothing else looks 'sluggish' in the game. I support the idea of an adjust scroll speed bar :).

Overall, the game looks awesome! Thank you Obsidian!

Hi, not really a bug so much as a request, can we increase the speed you scroll around the map? I couldn't find it in any options. It's very slow using both the arrows on the keyboard and also moving the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen. Apologies if this is fixed/already mentioned.

This is actually a feature that we are putting in as a request for the programmers to implement. If implemented we aim to have a speed control for each form of scrolling, Middle Mouse, Screen Edge, and Key Bindings.

Please be aware that there is also an issue where the scroll speeds may vary and sometimes be incredibly slow on certain maps. This is something that we expect to be fixed in a beta update if possible.

disregard earlier post i wasnt aware there was a slow time button which in combat is actually pretty handy

There is also a "fast" mode that you can activate with the D key by default. No under water actions there I promise you!

Thank you all for your feedback is is very helpful!