The glove cursor pointer - thoughts?

The cursor pointer, the gloved pointing hand, has a colour palette and texture that blends too well with other UI elements/textures as well as the background. Also, it’s contour is not exaggerated in any way. At least make an alternative pointer that stands out more.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

the glove is actually a BG tribute, but your arguments are viable.

• Like 1

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Could the cursor change depending on the player's input in the game? Like.. for instance... the Player gets a chance to become a Fampyr (perhaps) then the cursor could change to something appropriate (a pale~boney fist). Kind of WC3-esque (different races -> different cursors).

Just an unnecessary aesthetic, but wanted to throw it out there.

• Like 1

I like the gauntlet cursor, but it's a lot smaller at 1920x1080 than the cursor for the IE games were at 640x480 and 800x600. Would be nice if it was a bit larger naturally (but don't upscale the art plz).

The BG leather glove cursor did stand out more, yes.

The movement cursor is also way too small, but that's likely because it is a direct rip from the IWD2 art assets.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

I'm at that very resolution, and yes, it's too small as well. I reckon, this is easily fixed by OE: just combine our suggestions here - I really liked Osvir's adaptable-glove-pointer-idea.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I like the gauntlet cursor, but it's a lot smaller at 1920x1080 than the cursor for the IE games were at 640x480 and 800x600. Would be nice if it was a bit larger naturally (but don't upscale the art plz).

The BG leather glove cursor did stand out more, yes.

The movement cursor is also way too small, but that's likely because it is a direct rip from the IWD2 art assets.

Well, just to put in an alternate view here but I strongly disagree.  I love the fact that the cursors aren't huge.  I'm playing at 1080p as well and for me the cursors are spot-on.  Once the Mac version is released I can test at 2560x1440 and see what it looks like on that.  Maybe at that resolution the cursors will be a little small, but if that is the case hopefully they will make higher rez versions for higher DPI screens.

A small cursor that doesn't stand out enough benefits no player. It's easy to lose track of. At least, OE needs to give those of us that won't better clarity such an option, IMHO.