Is it possible to do a solo run in the beta? I tried to find a way to kick or kill the generic npcs.

I just can't get into the groove with a whole party. I wanna a character, and see how that character measures up to the challenge. Figureing out all the small details about said character to overcome the obstacles infront of him. That's what I really wanted to do.

I kind of want to play the game with max of 2 party members. SEems like it will be very hard considering I'm dying on easy with a whole party

Is it possible to do a solo run in the beta? I tried to find a way to kick or kill the generic npcs.

I just can't get into the groove with a whole party. I wanna a character, and see how that character measures up to the challenge. Figureing out all the small details about said character to overcome the obstacles infront of him. That's what I really wanted to do.

Sensuki messed around and discovered it's possible to order the generic npcs to attack and kill themselves.

I think some people are going to quickly find it is much better to wait until release to play the game. I may be one such person, though it is hard to wait.

I understand (mostly) why Obsidian has the Beta starting with a non-starting-level character and full party and appreciate the low-spoiler content and abilities; but I also find this setup difficult to start with.

I'd rather learn the classes, stats and abilities gradually (I'm rather overwhelmed now) and I love the beginning of games where you're on your own, weak as a fish and anxiously looking  to find, pick and/or choose your companions (as well these are generic) to be battle-ready. Even playing with 1-2 companions would be highly preferable. (Not to mention the lack of context and the lore/jargon to consider).

I think what I"ll do, besides a lot of reading, is mostly just take it slow and presumably learn more as I expectantly die a lot, repeat battles, and try new tactics.

Edited by Sondai

I feel the exact same way. It's abit to much to start like this. One doesn't get to appreciate the small things.

I really appreciate this beta for being created with testing stuff in mind instead of just a preview. 

Don't know of any way to kick/kill party members though.

Edited by jivex5k
  • Like 1

They did say the beta is hard.  I assume by saying that the base game will be easier.

But do keep in mind you can't grind monsters for xp, which is one way of doing things with 1 character in the BG days.