No way to discontinue Summons and/or they stop following

Caladian

Question

When I summoned some skeletons from the Chanter, after the battle is over at one point going through the town they stopped following despite select all from either backspace and/or the button on the screen.  Which prevented the ability to enter anywhere.

6 answers to this question

Currently having the same issue. As I can't unsummon the skeletons, two of which have seemingly gotten stuck as they won't move anymore, I can't exit the dungeon that I'm currently in because I need to 'gather my party' but this is impossible. Resting doesn't solve this. 

Hello all,

This is an issue that will need a design decision. I'm not sure that there will be a way to "unsummon" creatures per say, but they may end up not being taken into account when meeting transition requirements. I will bring this issue to the attention of the designers so a solution can be found.

Currently though, each character is intended to only be allowed to have one summon out at a time and, I believe, that the summon is expected to persist until destroyed unless otherwise stated.

Thank you for your feedback it is very helpful!

Hello all,

This is an issue that will need a design decision. I'm not sure that there will be a way to "unsummon" creatures per say, but they may end up not being taken into account when meeting transition requirements. I will bring this issue to the attention of the designers so a solution can be found.

Currently though, each character is intended to only be allowed to have one summon out at a time and, I believe, that the summon is expected to persist until destroyed unless otherwise stated.

Thank you for your feedback it is very helpful!

I'm fine if you do what was already done in BG2. Teleport them next to the player if their pathing timeouts or the player gets to far away. But the idea to exclude them from transition requirements is an excellent one.