Korgrak's Head disapears when moved to MC's Inventory

MoonWolf

Question

When my main character tried to pick up head and blood from Korgrak they simply disapeared into the ether. Reloading did not resolve this, restarting the game also did not fix this.

I managed to pick up the items with another party member just fine. The blood was moved to my stash without problems but when trying to move the head to my main character inventory it once more disapeared. I sadly have no savegame with the items still on the ground but I have this one.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Load this quicksave

2) Drag Korgrak's Head from the BB Fighters inventory into Vin's inventory

3) Observe Head is gone.

Expected Behaviour:

Items should not disapear when picked up or moved into a characters inventory.

(The Forum does not appear to like me uploading the savegame so I have uploaded it to my dropbox for the moment )

6 answers to this question

I had a problem with it too on one run through but it worked other times. When it failed  I picked it up and it went into my quest item box. when i try to complete the quest I dont get the conversation line that allows me to give it to the pig farmer.

Same thing occurred with the broken dragons egg and the lady at the potion shop.

esse quam videri

I had a problem with it too on one run through but it worked other times. When it failed  I picked it up and it went into my quest item box. when i try to complete the quest I dont get the conversation line that allows me to give it to the pig farmer.

Same thing occurred with the broken dragons egg and the lady at the potion shop.

There is an issue with quests not completing. I had it with the first couple characters I played. A suggestion posted elsewhere was to only load from the main menu (don't use Continue). This means if you hit ESC, don't load a game from there. Hit Quit, then load from the next menu. As well, when you shut the game down, shut Steam down too. This seemed to clear up the problem for me.

Hey MoonWolf, was the Ogre's head in your quest item inventory by any chance? You open it by clicking on the grail icon in your inventory. 

I just checked, yes this is whats happening. Sadly there is absolutly no indication this is happening. And if the head is supposed to go to the quest items inventory I would expect it to move there automaticall no matter which character I pick up the item with.

Hoever that does seem to be consitent with many other situations where special actions upon entering inventory for items only occur for the PC and not for other party members ( coins, items used in scripted interactions ).

Thanks for all the info, guys. The quest not completing is indeed from a different issue that occurs if the game is loaded while already playing, and should be fixed in the next update. Korgrak's Head appearing in a party member's inventory instead of being put in the quest item inventory is the same issue as MoonWolf stated of currency being in inventory instead of your pouch, and should also be fixed in the next update. Lastly, I just now submitted a bug saying that the combat log should inform the player when they loot a quest item, so that should be remedied some time in the future. Great work everybody.  :grin:

• Like 1