Individual stealth?

Another early impression.

One tactic I've been attempting is sneaking BB Rogue ahead, hiding her to the flank, then advancing the rest of the party in order to draw the bugs into melee, then stabbing said bugs in the back with BB Rogue. I haven't figured out how to do this properly because stealth applies to the full party. The upshot is that when combat starts and everybody gets unstealthed, one of the bugs runs straight at BB Rogue and ruins my perfectly crafted plan.

Is there a way to do this in the current stealth system?

If not, should it be possible to stealth individual characters like in the IE games?

• Like 7

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

While the situation described in the OP hasn't happened to me yet (in that exact same manner), I'd say that I don't like a party-based stealth system in comparison to an individual one. Not just from a gameplay perspective (which would give way to situations like the one described in the OP) but also from a role-playing one (how is this hulking mass of meat armored head-to-toe with a heavy plate armor supposed to BE STEALTHY?)

Let's just hope it's a bug! :D 

• Like 1

I haven't played around with Stealth yet so this is news to me. How does it work? Each character has an individual Stealth skill to add point to so what determines success or failure in a party wide Stealth? Lets say five of your party have a Stealth score of 7 but the sixth guy has a score of 5. What happens here?

• Like 1

I haven't played around with Stealth yet so this is news to me. How does it work? Each character has an individual Stealth skill to add point to so what determines success or failure in a party wide Stealth? Lets say five of your party have a Stealth score of 7 but the sixth guy has a score of 5. What happens here?

When you turn stealth on, there's a circle around each character of a size determined by their stealth score; higher stealth = smaller radius.  That circle shows how close you can get to an enemy with that character without being detected.

• Like 2

Is there an animation for stealth?I ask this because seeing crouched slow moving characters sneaking past enemies would be great and yet game devs don't seem to catch on to this.BG had nothing but that was better then Divinity Original Sin's attempt at it by turning the characters into rocks.Please go that extra step to flesh this out,of course first fixing the mechanics of it all.

• Like 1