Unable to change the game's language

Furism

Question

I have Windows 8.1 in English, Steam in English, but my Region is set to France (I'm French, live in France but prefer my games in English). However, when I start Pillars of Eternity, it'll be set to French. Every other game I have in Steam starts in English usually. It doesn't seem to be possible to change the game's language to something else from the options (only the developper's comments) eiter.

Maybe the game's language should be set to the OS language instead of the OS locale.

5 answers to this question

While I agree with you (I really hate it when games select the language for me based on my location, I prefer to play games in English as well, not in German), I want to point out that there is indeed an option in the game's options menu where you can adjust your language setting. :)

Mind you, I don't mean the Steam options settings of the game, I mean the ingame options menu that you can access through the main menu.

Edited by Lythe Vodaine
  • Like 1

FdSm3p1.png

Same thing affects me as well. I think the game should respect the setting from Steam, or if not installed via Steam, the setting chosen at installation time OS setting regarding language (not locale).

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Same thing affects me as well. I think the game should respect the setting from Steam, or if not installed via Steam, the OS setting regarding language (not locale).

I'd prefer the game to ask me which language I want. But the switch in game is really easy so no problem.

• Like 1