thank you too

Osvir

I wanted to take a moment and just say "Thank you" to the developers and the staff working at Obsidian Entertainment on Pillars of Eternity. There's more to be done to the game, of course, but I can see what it will become.

Thank you Obsidian :)

• Like 4

It has NOT been two years! It was last fall, and I'm sticking to it!

What was it that Groucho said.. "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

And as OP says, cudos to the devs for getting us this far! Very exited to get knee deep in the beta.

photo-43672.jpg?_r=1349795749
"Which is more the fool: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

Indeed! A huge and warm hug to all peeps over at OE in Irvine!! :yes:  In the midst of getting loads of bugs dumped on you, perhaps you Obsids might forget that we love what you've created here: An IE-inspired party-based CRPG for 2014. Overall, it's a fantastic experience already, just trying these few maps out, hearing the wonderful music, seeing and hearing all the great effects, and enjoying all the genius-scripted stuff. Thank you! 

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

These are some brilliant mechanics, the feels are great.

Exploring, running around, adventuring, interacting is super fun. I remember the devs saying that one of the first things they ask themselves is "Is this a fun environment to run around in?". I think it is, screen panning/scrolling is REALLY SLOW though. Out of combat is good, with some quirks.

Combat is a bit of a technical issue, but when it works it works extremely well. It's not quite like the Infinity Engine games, and there is a new learning curve to it. On my first character I got wiped, on my second character my tactics and understanding had been improved and it became easier to handle combat.