German translation

Graham

I noticed that the NPCs address the main character by "du". This is a very familiar tone. Usually, you would use "Sie" or more precisely "Ihr" (since the game takes place in medieval times). It breaks the immersion for me.

Is it supposed to stay the way it is? Also, I noticed some typos. Should we make a list of them or is it pointless at this stage of the beta?

I'm a bit annoyed to discover the game was kinda "auto-located" for my country (France) : I run steam in English so I can play each game in English. Despite the fact the Beta should run in English (so says the steam settings), the game was entirely translated in french (with the "classic" problems of too lengthy words that doesn't fit the GUI sometimes)...

I really hope there is a way to play the game as it has been designed, and not as it has been translated ;/

I'm a bit annoyed to discover the game was kinda "auto-located" for my country (France) : I run steam in English so I can play each game in English. Despite the fact the Beta should run in English (so says the steam settings), the game was entirely translated in french (with the "classic" problems of too lengthy words that doesn't fit the GUI sometimes)... I really hope there is a way to play the game as it has been designed, and not as it has been translated ;/

?

One of the in game options (main menu or while playing) lets you change to any of the langauges from the game.

Exactly... lol... couldn't be more simple.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ I ' M ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ B L A C K S T A R   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 

I'm a bit annoyed to discover the game was kinda "auto-located" for my country (France) : I run steam in English so I can play each game in English. Despite the fact the Beta should run in English (so says the steam settings), the game was entirely translated in french (with the "classic" problems of too lengthy words that doesn't fit the GUI sometimes)... I really hope there is a way to play the game as it has been designed, and not as it has been translated ;/

?

One of the in game options (main menu or while playing) lets you change to any of the langauges from the game.

I really consider doing that since the German translation is lacking at the moment. But it's really great that you can switch the language in such a simple way. Well done Obsidian.

Edited by Graham