Looting Priority

Eddain

I don't quite understand how looting works.  If my entire party is selected, it seems sort of random who will walk over to the loot to grab it.  Most times it will be the character closest to the pile but not always.

Secondly, if you use the Take All function and your number of open slots is fewer than the total loot, how does it prioritize when you pick up?  And sometimes when I use Take All on a character with completely open slots it won't let me take anything.

I think it is the closest person to the object looted that goes to get the stuff.

The same thing happens with opening containers and talking to NPCs.

Seems to make sense. It is the fastest way to do the desired action and if you want to do that with a specific character you can select them first.

This is why I said it'd be good if take all automatically adds items to stash if party is full <_< Instead, you have to click stash icon every time if you want to loot everything

Same. This confused me a lot. Not just looting, but speaking. If my Main has the high Perception and Lore, I want them doing the talking, not my Rogue.
Clarification please.

It doesn't matter who is doing speaking, all skill checks are from your main character.

Edited by BrokenMask