Better Targeting

Eddain

Does anyone else think the game needs a better targeting system?  This problem is really apparent when fighting the criminals by the bridge.  All those boars totally block your cursor from selecting the bandits.  Ideally the cursor should be able to hover over any part of the body and the entire doll should become highlighted so you know what you're attacking.

I agree.  I was zoomed in and everything really blended together; it was hard to differentiate between different enemies and really my guys vs. enemy guys.  Another thing that would be useful would be if you double click a character portrait/double press the character number it would center the view on that character.  I wasn't always sure where my casters were during that encounter.

I think there needs to be a better highlighting of enemies and party members - right now it's a mess. Also, there needs to be a better highlighting for AoE spells. And I couldn't even select a character for a healing spell - it was also small AoE for whatever reason.

It was all done fairly well in Baldur's Gate and more recently in Divinity: Original Sin - why not look there for references?