Static foliage is static...

And it's really jarring, to go back a decade or more, to totally static trees. I've suggested before replacing foliage and leaves with lightmapped billboards of the same texture. Little performance hit and you just warp the billboards a little to create the illusion of movement. Otherwise the backgrounds look great, but that one part is just plain jarring.

• Like 4

Totally agree with this. The lack of any movement is very jarring. Especially when other parts of the world don't suffer from being totally static. I suspect this is something that is too late to change to  be honest but it's very noticeable and makes the world feel a little dead. 

• Like 2

I didn't notice at all.

It would be nice if stuff moved but I'd rather have it not move than move badly. The demo we saw long time ago wasn't very successful at this.

I guess I'm too used to the IE games but for me making trees / etc. move would be a very low priority.

• Like 3

IMO they should have pushed for moving foliage as it would've been a huge step up for the graphics instead of being mostly about the nostalgia, but while still keeping the same feel. I agree it doesn't feel too bad without it, but I'm disappointed it probably won't be in there

• Like 1

Mayby its not implemented yet? they showed a tech demo with moving foliage, but that was over a year ago i guess so they might have abandoned it.

Overall its not a big deal for me.

• Like 1

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." Plato

Has this feature been abandoned or simply not fully implemented yet? It would make a nice improvement to the game world.

Agreed, maybe we can get a dev comment on this since they're reading the beta threads a lot. I'd rather just have it confirmed so I don't get my hopes up. I'm so used to playing these type of games it isn't a big deal but it would be so cool!

Edited by Bli1942
  • Like 2