Can't wait for it to come to Mac!

Stilpon

I wasn't expecting the Backer Beta not to come out for the Mac right away. The game is advertised to come out for windows, mac and linux so the initial windows exclusivity came as a surprise. I sure hope the Mac version isn't overlooked due to the smaller amount of people using it. Also, will there be a different thread for bugs on the Mac version? Are all bugs and issues platform independent or not?

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more.

I'm on a Linux platform myself but the same argument applies. If non-Windows people are to have enough time to find and fix bugs, we need to have a playable version soon.

And quite frankly, we paid the same about of money for the game that the Windows people paid, so the fact that we are not getting access to the same early versions is disturbing.

They already said that the non-windows beta will come out within a few weeks of the windows one. They probably had to squash some cross-platform bad things that came up (not to mention "posix style directory structure", assuming they're trying to make it "native", like Bioware did with NWN1).

• 3 weeks later...

It's fairly unlikely there'll be a lot of bugs specific to Mac/Linux. Once the engine is running nicely what's in it should be identical cross-platforms, bugs and all.

I dig the impatience though. Would rather not be booting into Windows H8 myself.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com