Rescuing the lord's daughter

By locked doors you mean the circle thing with sacrifices and cages?

You can open those doors with mechanic 7 or old key you find somewhere in the area where you get pass other locked door or the chasm :p If you can't open the door with mechanic 4, which you should since BB Rogue has mechanic 6, use grapling hook to get past the chasm and go back way

I cant get the grappling hook to work either, it doesn't matter though cause you can get to the area with the key without it. 

The key you need is called the "Old Dungeon Key".  First you have to enter from the Tanners side to find it unless you can pick the lock past the stone bridge.  From the tanners door you go into the water filled beetle room, head into the cultist area, go through the big double doors to the south wall, go east, then it is in one of the rooms on the east side of the hallway near the door that actually leads to the stone bridge.

The key is in one of the chests, if I remember correctly.  It took me a while to find it.  Follow through the area after the rope walk/grappling hook.  It is in one of the larger, open rooms. 

So, how did you get the grappling hook/key to work?  I have both in my inventory, but can't use either.  I also can't open the door leading back to the workshop in the ruined tower: it seems like my rogue never tries to pick the lock.  

The key is in one of the chests, if I remember correctly.  It took me a while to find it.  Follow through the area after the rope walk/grappling hook.  It is in one of the larger, open rooms. 

So, how did you get the grappling hook/key to work?  I have both in my inventory, but can't use either.  I also can't open the door leading back to the workshop in the ruined tower: it seems like my rogue never tries to pick the lock.  

You need to raise your mechanics to lvl 7, either yourself, the BB rogues when she levels, or you *SPOILER* loot a web corpse in the spider cave that the ogre is at, it's one near where the queen/black widow looking spider is at, which increases your mechanics by 2.  There is an alternative entrance to cultist place but due to inventory bug its doesn't allow you the option use the inventory item at the alternative entrance.

I'm stuck too. I've got the grappling hook, but there is no option to use it to pass the chasm.

I also have the old dungeon key and a couple of lockpicks. However, I am unable to open the door that leads to the opposite side of the chasm either.

How can I pick the locks in the first place?

Thanks in advance.

The item disappearance bug usually craps out on you, and you run out of lockpicks, and the rogue can't pick or use keys at all. At this you, you have to restart the game. If you want to prevent the disappearance bug, NEVER stack any items together, and it helps a lot. Other things can cause it, but stacking garantees it.