Odd Character Creation Issues

Karkarov

Question

First off it is impossible the exit the character creator without actually creating a character.  Weird issue, maybe intended since why did you start if you didn't plan on finishing, but there it is.  Most games give some sort of option to return to the main menu.

Second really funny one.  If you progress to the point of picking "appearance" then jump back and pick a different race but don't stop to pick your "sub race" and jump ahead by clicking on the appearance header you will be unable to modify skin and hair color but can mod everything else and even complete character creation.  So you should probably just reset everything when you jump back choices and make it impossible to "click ahead".

Here is a pic of what your character sheet looks like with no sub race just to show I did this in game:

ifGH7gbmokODh.png

Also minor gripe.... you should put the culture choice AFTER stat distribution somehow.  It effects your stats and when you choose stats before culture choice and aren't careful you will end up with stats that assumed you were an Aeydr when you might be from Valia Republic and get in game to find your stat line is different than what you actually thought it would be.

Edited by Karkarov

4 answers to this question

First off it is impossible the exit the character creator without actually creating a character. 

This was more of an issue with the adventurers Hall. I wanted to back out of hiring an adventurer (because it was so buggy) but was unable to do so. 

Also minor gripe.... you should put the culture choice AFTER stat distribution somehow.  It effects your stats and when you choose stats before culture choice and aren't careful you will end up with stats that assumed you were an Aeydr when you might be from Valia Republic and get in game to find your stat line is different than what you actually thought it would be.

I think you meant to say culture should be BEFORE attribute distribution. Otherwise, I agree. It was odd to go through attribute distribution, then have culture add another attribute and feel like I had to go back to rearrange my attribute distribution.  

Edited by Bazy

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your postings. Options to exit both character creation and the adventurer's hall are known issues that have been added to our database. We also have knowledge of the concern with being able to jump ahead (or backwards) and cause errors with character creation.

As for the culture positioning, I'm not really sure how the designers plan to address this concern but it has been suggested by both our QA and backers to re-position it, due to the "odd feeling" of necessity to revisit your attributes.

Thank you all for your feedback, it is super helpful!  :grin:

• Like 1

With regards to the culture positioning I choose culture and the immediately went back and re-assigned my stats after that selection... because it feels like the right thing to do... Please make this change a priority...