Can't use any wizard spells

cmk24

Question

When I go to select the wizard spells for bb_wizard none of the sub menus for I, II, or III show up.  I get the title bar "1st Level Wizard Spells", but no spells show up under it (see attached image).

PC info:

CPU: AMD FX-8350

RAM: 16 GB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

post-75052-0-07786000-1408410811_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Same thing. And can't open the grimoire for that character.

Rested at the inn and then came out during the night, and then noticed the problem. Don't know exactly when it occurred.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I can use spells I've had from the start of the game, but when I leveled up and selected new spells in levels 2 and 3, when I click on the buttons for level 2 and 3 spells, there's nothing there

edit: ...oh wait, there's a grimoire in my inventory.  i see now.  that's not very intuitive.  shouldn't there be a spellbook icon in the main ui.

Edited by shadowsworn
  • Like 1

Apparently when entering the inn, your BB Wizard loses his grimoire (and his equipped weapon?) and I haven't figured out a way to replace the grimoire.

Edit: Actually, it appears that the grimoire/items may be disappearing right at the start of a new game.

Edited by fortuntek
  • Like 1

I had the opposite situation. BB Wizard had all his spells but the Wizard I rolled wouldn't display level 2 or 3 spells. So there is some other grimoire in my inventory? That would have never dawned on me. Ill look for it but does that mean equipping it will disable my level 1 spells?

I had the opposite situation. BB Wizard had all his spells but the Wizard I rolled wouldn't display level 2 or 3 spells. So there is some other grimoire in my inventory? That would have never dawned on me. Ill look for it but does that mean equipping it will disable my level 1 spells?

The default spells you choose in character creation will be automatically assigned into your wizards grimoire. Any you choose to learn from leveling up, will not be. You need to right click on the grimoire in your wizards inventory and manually assign the spells from there. You can assign up to 4 spells per spell level, and no, assigning higher level spells do not disable lower level ones.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/