Disappearing Quests

teacherman

Question

Besides the item disappearing bug that others have reported, I've also had the quests in my journal disappear. I had several listed (the ogre, the wyrms, and the noble looking for his daughter I believe), but since reloading a save, my journal now has no quests in it. I also don't seem to be able to pick up these quests again. Just throwing it out there as an fyi :)

• Like 1

22 answers to this question

I also had all my quests (ogre, dragon egg, missing noblewoman) disappear on reloading a saved game.

Same, and not just quests. Notes, tasks, everything in my journal.

This led to me being able to complete the Ogre quest... but not get an XP for it?

Likewise lost everything. I had completed everything save the Noble's daughter, but I had reloaded to try not to break the Dragon's egg. When I got back to town and the Herbalist had no idea who I was i checked and saw all my journal entires had vanished, even though i still had all the quest items.

Also that item dissapearing bug is annoying. I didn't notice it until halfway through my playthrough, but once it started it was like gremlins were constantly rifling throuigh my stuff, even equipped items. Pick something up, put it down, *poof* gone.

*sigh*

same. zero quests, notes, etc.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I got hit by this as well. I started to wonder why when I'd pick an item up (say, a Beetle Shell) it wouldn't appear in my inventory. Got the Egg, which didn't appear anywhere, and when I went to return it the Herbalist had no mention of the quest at all.

I noticed that when I'd reload, my map fog of war would reset and all the lootables would reappear in the spot they originally appeared in. Say I'd kill a Beetle and try to loot the shell. Upon reloading, the icon would reappear showing that I could reloot that Beetle, but it'd be empty.

I got hit by this as well. I started to wonder why when I'd pick an item up (say, a Beetle Shell) it wouldn't appear in my inventory. Got the Egg, which didn't appear anywhere, and when I went to return it the Herbalist had no mention of the quest at all.

I noticed that when I'd reload, my map fog of war would reset and all the lootables would reappear in the spot they originally appeared in. Say I'd kill a Beetle and try to loot the shell. Upon reloading, the icon would reappear showing that I could reloot that Beetle, but it'd be empty.

Same here. After loading everything was gone: quests, fog of war, many items etc.

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

I've had this happen a few times. What I've found is if I quit to the main menu and then load a save game, the quests all reappear. But if I load a save game from within the game, then the quests go walkabout and pull a vanishing act.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Also that item dissapearing bug is annoying. I didn't notice it until halfway through my playthrough, but once it started it was like gremlins were constantly rifling throuigh my stuff, even equipped items. Pick something up, put it down, *poof* gone.

You think that's bad...those same gremlins, encouraged by the lack of consequences for pilfering my stuff, stole my character models. In the inventory screen my 3d characters disappeared, all of them. 

+1 to this error and hope to see the fix in action (noting that it has been ~10 days since the dev post).

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg