Bug: Character trapped in the inn

Grand_Commander13

Question

I don't know how it happened. I had used the inn to make an adventurer, and I click the party to the door. Maybe the newbie didn't get the memo when I clicked on the door, but she stood where she was (I had made an intermediate move to near the door) and the party successfully left the inn.

However, now she's stuck inside the model of the building, and I can't re-enter the inn to fix it. And to top it all off, my rogue's armor disappeared! That thing that her model is doing... It can't be natural.

• Like 1

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

12 answers to this question

I also encountered this bug.  I hired a 6th companion at the inn, a lvl 1 Godlike Chanter, and after creation she couldn't move at all.  Had to Quickload and undo the hire in order to progress.

This exact same thing occurred for me also, godlike chanter.  Was able to exit the inn with rest of party, but couldn't re-enter, and his model was showing on the external inn building as right in the middle.  Was able to enter other buildings, but he did not show up in them.  Could not leave map to go to other areas either.

Hello,

We are looking further into this issue to be certain of its cause. We have a known bug with the same results where the player character is a Ranger and hires an adventurer. Once the party leaves the Inn the hired adventurer will be stuck inside the Inn and off of the Nav.

If this bug is occurring without a Ranger in the party, please let us know.

Thank you.

Hello,

We are looking further into this issue to be certain of its cause. We have a known bug with the same results where the character is a ranger and hires an adventurer. Once the party leaves the Inn the hired adventurer will be stuck inside the Inn and off of the Nav.

If this bug is occurring without a Ranger in the party, please let us know.

Thank you.

My main was an Elf Ranger, yes.  And I hired a Moon Godlike Chanter.

Thank you all so much for your feedback. The bug we are currently resolving is the same as what you are experiencing. The issue is caused by creating a Ranger player character and hiring any adventurer at Dengler. We are working hard to ensure that this is fixed before the next update. 

Thank you all for posting, your feedback is incredibly helpful!

Same happened here, main character was a ranger and I hired a female moon godlike chanter. Also my animal companion (lion) get stuck at the inn door, but unstucked when I managed to enter another building

Edited by gandalf.nho
huntress.jpg