Pillars of Eternity Master Portrait Thread

I'm going to be boring and say I genuinely like all the portraits so far.

Definitely need some more dorf love though.

EDIT: Although now that I examine closer the elf-backer portrait having a "proper" background unlike the rest kind of sticks out.

Edited by Barothmuk

They're highly uneven in style and quality IMO. The overpainted photos stick out as overpainted photos, whereas some of them, especially the female godlikes, are seriously good.

There are also way too few ATM. No Ocean Human portraits at all, for example.

• Like 5

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I sure hope there will be more because right now they're kind of lacking in racial diversity... 

This is bugging me, too. I was planning on playing a Vailian, who according to my understanding look like this:

Vailianhumans.jpg?version=f103d885482330

Gimme some black portraits, Obsidian. I want to be a Vailian swashbuckler-type character. 

• Like 3

Since they aren't going for one particular style like in BGs or Icewind Dale, I hope give us a ton of portraits like in Neverwinter Nights 1.  I think there were around 100 portraits for each gender.  Might as well give us a lot of portraits from different artists there isn't any type of consistency.  

Edited by Bill Gates' Son

I'm pretty down on the ports but will simply use customs like everyone else.

And, yeah, where the hell are the Vallian / black characters? I want to play a dashing Italianate paladin who looks like Samuel L Jackson.

sonsofgygax.JPG

The portraits are not bad, but some are meh... TBH I'd prefer portraits more in line with BG... these lack focus and "personality" to me... they are veering too much into "artistic portrait" to me... that kind of art style was okish when it was showing the full body with the background like in IWD, but still I find the BG style superior

A lot of people seem to think we more dwarf portraits. They are wrong! There a plenty of dwarf portraits on the internet. What Obsidian needs to do is focus on the new races; not the old ones. The internet has thousands or more of those. If I wanna make a Wild Orlan though? The internet doesn't even have one. 

Obsidian artist: focus as much as possible on the new races!

• Like 6

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

So.... watching many streams and BB videos on youtube showed that most people cant find a fitting portrait for their character.

OK, so there is a portrait for every godlike and the aumauauauaua (think thats how its written), but other than that there are very few portraits. There need to be a lot more portraits so people can choose better fitting ones.

What are portraits #1 and #16 meant to be?

Aumaua. They're really cartoony though and my least favorite because they stick out the most.

I sure hope there will be more because right now they're kind of lacking in racial diversity... 

This is bugging me, too. I was planning on playing a Vailian, who according to my understanding look like this:

Gimme some black portraits, Obsidian. I want to be a Vailian swashbuckler-type character. 

Man I wish I could give my character hair like that.

• Like 4

Agree that the lack of definitive art style is slightly irritating, although I like the individual quality of all of them.

That said, it does seem that the Orlan was designed to be "Pretty female" first, and "Orlan" second. Maybe it's part of a modular set, because the ears and spots look quite tacked on. Or it could be a backer portrait, although I don't get that impression.

Edited by Kjaamor

What are portraits #1 and #16 meant to be?

Aumaua. They're really cartoony though and my least favorite because they stick out the most.

Man I wish I could give my character hair like that.

I was expecting some of those hats in character creation. I want to be a Vailian mosketeer.

sign.jpg

most a very good, a few select ones only medicore

the only thing i don't like is how they are head only, but i knew that for months, so bad luck i guess

one thing i'd like to note: all the full body portraits that we were shown during the updates look even better than this ones, both in artistic style and, well, because they are full body ;)

Edited by lolaldanee

You can find the original Baldur's Gate portrait in the link in my signature.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]