Disappearing Gear

Marceror

Question

I saw this bug in one of Adam's Gamescom playthroughs, and just experienced it myself. I'm not sure how to recreate.

But a short time after starting the game I noticed that my wizard lost their grimoire and weapons, and my priest lost her weapons.

I've since started a new game, and hopefully won't have this problem again.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I too report this bug:

ATM happened only after saving the game: My BB priest lost all her weapons but the large shield and my BB wizard lost all but the small shield. Without his Grimoire he's pretty useless.

>_<

EDIT: Also my main char doesn't have weapon and shield shown in the inventory model, but in game are shown;

BB wizard's cape, after selecting him in inventory and then selecting everyone else, overlaps with other models. I'll upload a screenshot next time.

Edited by Metalloman

Yes to this issue, which affected both playthroughs.

My experience:  both times the disappearing items were weapons (not shields) placed in the quick slot (either 1 or 2 affected but not both) and not for all characters.

1st time occured during area transition from level 2 to ground floor of inn.  Funnily enough I saw the weapons lying on inn floor (but un touchable/collectable).

2nd time occurred during area transition from village to the left hand of the external areas.  Did not see weapons lying around but perhaps more difficult to see given the terrain.

Side note; such a big problem that the error effectively terminated both my playthroughs of the beta and both times after playing for less than 2 hrs per time.  Interesting to read that others have had this occur over much longer playthroughs.

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg