Disappearing Gear

Marceror

Question

I saw this bug in one of Adam's Gamescom playthroughs, and just experienced it myself. I'm not sure how to recreate.

But a short time after starting the game I noticed that my wizard lost their grimoire and weapons, and my priest lost her weapons.

I've since started a new game, and hopefully won't have this problem again.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I saw this bug in one of Adam's Gamescom playthroughs, and just experienced it myself. I'm not sure how to recreate.

But a short time after starting the game I noticed that my wizard lost their grimoire and weapons, and my priest lost her weapons.

Hey there Marceror, thanks for the feeback! 

We are well aware of this issue and are currently working on a solution. Do you happen to remember if you had loaded a save anytime before this issue occurred?

My Wizard lost his weapons too. Not the Priest, though. My Wizard was uselss other than protecting himself with Arcane Veil. 

Wizards are one of the strongest classes in the game right now. Have you tried opening the spell bar by clicking the character portrait of the wizard and selecting a spell from one of the level categories?

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

This happened again in my new game, but this time only to my wizard. My priest is fine, but my wizard lost his spell book and all weapons except for a shield.

I had not loaded any saves in either game. Both times I just started fresh games and was running around the village checking stuff out. I haven't even gotten to any combat yet.

For what it's worth, I did save my game both times, once or twice, but never loaded.

Edited by Marceror

We are well aware of this issue and are currently working on a solution. Do you happen to remember if you had loaded a save anytime before this issue occurred?

My Wizard lost his weapons too. Not the Priest, though. My Wizard was uselss other than protecting himself with Arcane Veil. 

Wizards are one of the strongest classes in the game right now. Have you tried opening the spell bar by clicking the character portrait of the wizard and selecting a spell from one of the level categories?

All other classes had spells available. Both the BB Priest and the custom Cipher I created at the inn. I will double check. But I thought spells did not work without a grimoire.

This happened to my first character that I created and items were missing from the start (although I saved game before I checked my party's items). With my second character some items equipped items disappeared after I loaded the game. 

Having this issue as well.  The Wizard is the most likely candidate the couple times it has happened.  However, I have had the Warrior, Rogue, and my first character (Druid) lose their weapons as well.  Starting a new game and will pay more attention to saves, and check my weapons after each one.

EDIT:  The druid seemed to coincide with Shape Shift, but a save could have actually been the culprit. 

Edited by Ganrich

I've created 3 characters and have had these issues each time. I think I'm going to wait to play to the beta until it's resolved. It's a pretty nasty bug, and it seems to be happening to a lot of players. The idea that my wizard just suddenly can't contribute anymore is rather unthinkable.

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 1

I have tried to reproduce this bug and it happens to my wizard every time.

Issue: Wizard loses weapons

Where: Upon Entering Temple of Berath

Expected behavior: Weapons not disappearing

I will play more and see if he loses his stuff when transitioning to other areas, but for the area mentioned, it happens every time. Could some of you guys try it out and see if it happens to you? It is the closest building from your starting location.

I can't play beta and provide feedback because of this bug, hope they would address it asap

• Like 1

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

When I swap weapon in combat it occurs.

Reloading game it occurs.

I went to the store to buy a shield to see if the morning star is two hander or not since its so frigging big visually.  When I moved the bought shield from my created main char's inventory to the beta priest's inventory it disappeared.

Like Marceror said, hopefully this is a top priority since this is pretty much a game breaker and I cannot really play the game with this kind of bug.

• Like 1

Same experience here: weapons disappearing randomly. 

Interestingly enough, I ran across a twist. I saved a game after killing the ogre. Reloaded, and the cave was full of loot bags, and it appeared my weapons had doubled. Picked them up, played around a while, sold off a bunch of weapons (the ones I had doubles of) and then later the weapons I kept disappeared. 

• Like 1

It happened to my mage and priest as well. For the mage, of the starting equipment only the shield remained (in the weapons slots). I'm not sure about the priest, I forgot to report it immediately when it happened, but she missed the main weapon. I also remember that I didn't save/load, so it could be related to zone transition.

1669_planescape_torment-prev.png

Started 3 games. In the first Two: random members had missing weapons and BB mage was missin his Grimoire. 

The third generated party had all of the items in place. So now to play the game :yes:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, in all three I started the game and checked the equipment. No loading no saving.

Edited by Totottoro

photo-43672.jpg?_r=1349795749
"Which is more the fool: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"

same things here

after loading : for grimoire, looted bow equiped on the rogue, equiped headgear (mc)

while moving item : lockpick given to the rogue (into his only empty inventory slot), removed from original inventory, didn't appear in the rogue's.

Edited by Rando

Can we get this pinned? Many people are having this problem, and it's a frustrating one so we're likely to see many posts about it throughout the BB. 

I just bought Justice for over 12,000 and didn't get to use it before it disappeared during a save/reload :( :(

• Like 1

My wizard's grimoire disappeared right at the start of the game..yup...RIGHT AT THE START OF THE GAME.

Like...how am I supposed to test the beta...

That's exactly how you test the beta. You found a bug -> report it -> continue looking. Does it stop you from going forward? To explore? To get a new grimoire? (or steal the BB Wizards grimoire) to build your Wizard in a different way? Does the game crash or can you still move your character?

"Testing" is not the same as "Playing".

• Like 1

Same here and it's happen most of after save loading. I think it do it particularly staff what you are bought or find. So it's not good idea change anything now :)
Btw my mage haven't this problem anytime but BB fighter all to time and also some time BB cleric and rogue. Good luck Obsidian!