Memory leak fighting Medreth

slackmackan

Question

18 answers to this question

+1 here, also when I got there to fight there were like a 20 boar companions spawned near one of his henchmen.

• Like 2

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

Hey there Slackmackan, thanks for this feeback, we greatly appreciate it!

Can you attach a dxdiag from your system, please? To get a DxDiag press Windows Key + R, then type in dxdiag and hit run. On the menu that comes up, press the "Save All Information" button and save out the file. A DxDiag will list most of your computer's information so we can diagnose the problem properly.

Also, can you give us some information on what you were doing before engaging Medreth? Like transitioning to different zones, save/loading, previous combat encounters. 

Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Similar issue here.  I complete the fight, and the game crashes every time.  It seems to wait until I am out of combat before freezing, and the program stops working.  I haven't left town.  I leveled up, talked to Pig farmer (name escapes me), went to inn and talked to everyone upstairs and downstairs, and left the inn.  Went and talked to Merdeth, that sent me back to the girl upstairs in the inn, and returned to Merdeth for a fight. 

I saved before the fight, and have tried to complete it another time. It crashes consistently.

DxDIag attached.

DxDiag.txt

Yeah got this one too. It lagged huge during fight couldn't do anything. This likely could be after effect of the multiplying board bug. Also, Merdeth seems to a spam sneak attack 20+ times in a row which also likely left to the super lag.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

My issue is the exact same one as Slackmackan.

Hmm call me stupid but I dont find the option/icon to attach my dxdiag.txt through the post menu...  :banghead:

In the meantime let me write the main specs of my laptop:

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.140502-1507)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: CLEVO                            
       System Model: P370EM
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 12/22/12 10:57:17 Ver: 04.06.05
          Processor: Intel® Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
             Memory: 24576MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 24536MB RAM
          Page File: 3789MB used, 24074MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M  x 2 

Have no noticeable problems with memory on this fight, but have to fight shload of boars and after a fight was over loot keeped respawn every time l reenter location (going in and out buildings etc.). Also have some empty pile of loot in a temple and item models laying on the ground in random places.

post-47089-0-21593800-1408472860_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Is nomine vacans liberarit vobis ex servitut.

Is nomine vacans redit vobis ars magica.

I had no crash memory leak, but by the time I returned to Medreth* I did find about half a dozen boars. Since the fight I find the loot constantly respawns whenever I move back to the area.

*Note: By return, I do mean I'd wandered into the Inn, the Tannery, the Weaponsmiths etc and talked to everyone in those locations first.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The game is long enough lands and in me consumes some memory. Everything works quite smoothly there were no problems but optimization is definitely the amendment. I have a mid-range computer and above all, already old graphics card (quad core and Radeon 4600) and in me are a little downtime in charge location.I during a fight with a larger group somehow slow characters działają.Nie know if this error if it is my wine of active pause has her options.

I had a slogish Medreth fight last night has well (after talking to the entire town entering/exting buildings, etc). There was like 6 boars at the time. No crashes (but I have 16gb of memory).

Today, I decided to go through the different classes and his group was the closest so they ended up with a fireball in the face a few time. In that specific case, the encounter was not slogish at all and there was no duplicated boar either.

Edited by morhilane

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

Me too. Just now, in fact. The game crashed right after the battle ended. I was about to enter Dracogen Inn and talk to Nyfre upstairs. I basically fried 20 boar companions in one big bacon bonanza. It was a pretty fun fight, but the crash wasn't.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I didn't encounter this the first 2 times I fought that group, but last night I got it big time.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."