Mousewheel 'zooms' parts of the scene

war:head

Question

Issue: When I roll around with the mouse wheel in-game, the scene remains exactly the same except for two things - the fog of war gets narrower (as if zoomed out) and another sub-part of the scene gets displaced.

Steps to reproduce:

Seems to be just playing the game, happened as soon as I was done with character creation and the first environment came up.

To be better illustrate what happens I've attached two screenshots. First one is the default scene as seen without doing anything after leavin CC, second one is with mouse wheel scrolled back (towards me).

System: Windows 8.1 64-bit, i7, GTX 660 Ti

post-43041-0-64206300-1408402121_thumb.jpg

post-43041-0-73218900-1408402123_thumb.jpg

There is a road that I must travel
Let it be paved or unseen
May I be hindered by a thousand stones
Still onward I'd crawl down on my knees.

11 answers to this question

Did some more testing and after restarting the game the issue can no longer be reproduced. Tried creating a new char with the same attributes and alt+tab'ing around. Zoom works fine now. 

Maybe it's a first-start issue. Also, my resolution is 1920x1200, forgot to mention that. 

There is a road that I must travel
Let it be paved or unseen
May I be hindered by a thousand stones
Still onward I'd crawl down on my knees.

Hey there, and thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it! 

We already have this issue recorded, but if I could get some more information on it, that would be great!

Had you used the Save/Load system at all?

Had you transitioned between zones?

Had any of your party gone down in combat?

Thanks again!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

More details:

What happens:

As mentioned, the fog of war resizes well but not other content. Also, a nearly-transparent copy of the characters is resized properly (original characters are not affected), as well as one window rectangle that I could see - maybe anything that is over the background?

How to reproduce:

Transitioning between the first area and houses activates / fixes the issue every now and then.

Had saved a few times before the bug, not loaded at all.

This happened to me when fighting Nhyre(?) the accused murderer in the Inn. Ghost copies of the characters, along with one of the doors, were created and moved and enlarged as if zooming in, but thye rest of game stayed fully zoomed out.
I hadn't reloaded the game at that point, I had gone through every building in town first, so lots of transitions.

2 issues with me so far.

First, mouse wheel zoom is a little hit and miss.

Just found this one though, in the trade screen of a vendor....I tried to use the mouse wheel to go up and down the vendors inventory...only for the background to zoom out instead hehe....

Hi Derek,

I'm having the issue you mentioned. It occurs everytime after I save the game, though transitioning to another area (moving into a building or traveling on the world map) seems to fix the issue. At least until I make use of the save system again.

Cheers

Hey there, and thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it!

We already have this issue recorded, but if I could get some more information on it, that would be great!

Had you used the Save/Load system at all?

Had you transitioned between zones?

Had any of your party gone down in combat?

Thanks again!

I've had this same issue. Area transition with a loading screen fixes it temporarily but it comes back.

It happens both in and out of combat. Whether a party member has gone down or not beforehand.

It happens without transitioning and as mentioned before moving between areas will reset it and the zoom will start working again.

Objects are not always displaced, but the fog of war moves around without any zooming taking place.

Edited by SniperHF

I had the same issue, but could not figure out how to reproduce it. When I first started the game, I used my mouse wheel to zoom all the way out. That seemed to work fine. Then, I ended up pressing W A S and D, out of habit, to try and pan the camera. I believe I was stuck in double-speed mode for a little bit, as a consequence. And the "A" key had toggled the cursor into "attack" mode. I right-clicked to undo that. Then I moved my party around a bit. I saved my game (can't remember exactly when, but I remember thinking "Lemme go ahead, in case it crashes, so I don't have to redo character creation). I went into Game Options to adjust the Font Scaler (I had put it at 130% before beginning character creation, and decided the log text was a bit too big once in-game) down a bit. Then I think I briefly played with formations. I re-configured the party positioning for formation 1.

As far as I know that's everything I did after character creation, and at this point, I finally tried to zoom again, with my mouse-wheel, and the only effect was that the fog of war radius expanded or contracted around my party, exactly as it would've had the scene actually zoomed. Zoom in, and it expanded. Zoom out, it contracted. Every single other visual thing about the scene remained the same.

I'm pretty sure it "fixed itself" without my having to transition anywhere, but I'm not sure. I remember toggling double-speed and slo-mo again, a few times, just running back through the things I had done to try and figure out what had prompted it. After a minute or two, it just started zooming fine. It MIGHT have been after I entered the church to the north of where the party begins, but I cannot remember. Apologies.

Also, I only played for about 20 minutes, if that's helpful, and I only experienced this problem for about 1 minute or so.

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u