Portraits and Customization

Wanted to start a thread on this since I have some thoughts:

I found the portraits were not enough. I couldn't get one to match my red haired human since her skin color was darker than most of the portraits. Can we get the option to generate a 3d headshot? That would solve this for me.

• Like 2

Just a heads up. You can import your own portraits. Just find the pillars of eternity file where they keep them, crop your photos to match the default ones. (You may have to name them the same way PoE does) that's what I did and it worked great. I'm using my own custom portraits (small and large) and loving it.

I'm on my phone and I don't remember the exact file name, but if you search around you can find it easy enough.

Hope that helps.

(also... my bad for the multiple posts... phones are dumb)

Edited by Kollblade

Just a heads up. You can import your own portraits. Just find the pillars of eternity file where they keep them, crop your photos to match the default ones. (You may have to name them the same way PoE does) that's what I did and it worked great. I'm using my own custom portraits (small and large) and loving it.

I'm on my phone and I don't remember the exact file name, but if you search around you can find it easy enough.

Hope that helps.

^We don't have a final number yet, but it'll be more than there are in the beta.

I'm looking around for  specs - we know the character screen ones are 210x330 but not sure about the HUD ones - so I can make my own ;)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Hope that helps.

I don't mind that you're allowed to select any of them, but I really don't like having to sort through them all. If you could at the very least filter by race and gender, that would be wonderful.

It could default to the race and gender you have chosen being the only two boxes checked, and you can then open it up if you wish.

• Like 3

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

You also shouldn't be allowed to select a male portrait as a female and vice versa

Why not?

Because that's silly. The portraits are external to the Unity files so you can always add them back in as a custom one.

You also shouldn't be allowed to select a male portrait as a female and vice versa

Why not?

Because that's silly. The portraits are external to the Unity files so you can always add them back in as a custom one.

That you find it silly doesn't mean that everyone does.  I appreciate having more options without having to do that sort of workaround.

I would have no problem with (and, indeed, am in favour of) Grand_Commander13's suggestion of a way to filter portraits.

• Like 1

I think there will be probably more portraits in release. I mean, beta has only two voice options while the intro gameplay showed that they had way more voice options

It'd be nice if final release had at least two different portaits for all race and gender combinations