Dragon Age: Inquisition vs. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ktchong

If you could choose only one, would you choose Dragon Age: Inquisition or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. If you could choose only one, which would you choose to buy and play?

• Dragon Age: Inquisition
    • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Also, the romances in The Witcher aren't tasteful -- They are awful. CDProjekt should just steer focus towards what they do best like Obsidian.

So a b00bie card game next?

The treating all female characters like a "baseball card collecting mini-game" was mysteriously absent in the sequel. Suffice to say -- Romances aren't really their forté anymore than it is BioWare's.

Edited by TheChris92

I think it's a pretty valid reason not to buy a game. No attractive characters? Then I won't buy your game.

We both know it's because of the "romance" angle -- What if there hypothetically weren't any romances?

If there weren't any romances I wouldn't care. The game would probably be better since they could focus their writing on stuff that actually matter and not pointless harem romances that are even worse than some of the worst romance anime out there.

You wouldn't care that there were characters you might not find a frictional attractions towards? Specify.

All games won't adhere to every individual's personal appeal -- My comment is merely question as to why attractive characters are a big factor for you.

Eye candy

I think it's a pretty valid reason not to buy a game. No attractive characters? Then I won't buy your game.

We both know it's because of the "romance" angle -- What if there hypothetically weren't any romances?

If there weren't any romances I wouldn't care. The game would probably be better since they could focus their writing on stuff that actually matter and not pointless harem romances that are even worse than some of the worst romance anime out there.

You wouldn't care that there were characters you might not find a frictional attractions towards? Specify.

All games won't adhere to every individual's personal appeal -- My comment is merely question as to why attractive characters are a big factor for you.

Hehe, "frictional attraction"

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Also, the romances in The Witcher aren't tasteful -- They are awful. CDProjekt should just steer focus towards what they do best like Obsidian.

So a b00bie card game next?

The treating all female characters like a "baseball card collecting mini-game" was mysteriously absent in the sequel. Suffice to say -- Romances aren't really their forté anymore than it is BioWare's.

I much prefer the playful banter in the elven bath house, or the fact you had to treat Ves as a soilder before you got to treat her like a woman, "I'm interested in your sword Geralt, not your d*ck".  BioWare often has a smarmy approach, as if I'm a teenager getting laid for the first time. In a CDP game it feels more adult, with the game assuming most of its audience has done the deed so there's no skirting around nudity and sex. I rate candor over tastefulness I guess.

Edited by licketysplit

They are both equally awful when it comes to "romance" -- Although, CDProjekt actually got BioWare beat in regards to incredibly awkward sex scenes. Yikes. Even David Cage would take a step back and bow out.

Edited by TheChris92

Eye candy

So that's a priority for you when getting into a game? Wonder how that gaming library of yours looks like.

Regardless, I got my answer.

Edited by TheChris92

Eye candy

So that's a priority for you when getting into a game? Wonder how that gaming library of yours looks like.

My favourite game of all time is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, that game have some hot ladies but they are all dead in the clinical sense. The main reason to why I like that game is the writing, characters and atmosphere. Another favourite of mine is Pathologic. Not what you would expect from a guy that likes eye candy.

Edited by Rance

My favourite game of all time is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, that game have some hot ladies but they are all dead in the clinical sense. The main reason to why I like that game is the writing, characters and atmosphere. Another favourite of mine is Pathologic.

So, hypothetically speaking -- If Dragon Age had the writing or characters covered at the very least -- Then it would still be acceptable for you then? Otherwise, your statement seems a bit redundant. 

Edited by TheChris92

Eye candy

My favourite game of all time is Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, that game have some hot ladies but they are all dead in the clinical sense. The main reason to why I like that game is the writing, characters and atmosphere. Another favourite of mine is Pathologic.

So, hypothetically speaking -- If Dragon Age had the writing or characters covered at the very least -- Then it would still be acceptable for you then? Otherwise, your statement seems a bit redundant. 

Good writing isn't enough, the setting of Dragon Age is too generic for me to be interested. The reason to why I like the games I mentioned before is that they have an original setting, something that haven't really been done before in video games.

Good writing isn't enough, the setting of Dragon Age is too generic for me to be interested. The reason to why I like the games I mentioned before is that they have an original setting, something that haven't really been done before in video games.

A reasonable and acceptable answer -- Thank you.

A reasonable and acceptable answer -- Thank you.

Dragon Age have one thing that no other fantasy game I can think of have and that's the fade, I thought it was a pretty cool concept in Dragon Age Origins. Still, the rest of the setting is pretty damn generic. You could argue that the Witcher is also generic but I don't really agree, in the witcher they try to make a more grounded fantasy world which not alot of games have done before.

Dragon Age: Inquisition will be released on November 18, 2014, in North America, and November 21, 2014 in EU.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on March 24, 2015, four months after Dragon Age: Inquisition.

We will see a lot of denials, but the two games are direct competitions.  Both are the third installments in the series.  Both belong to the same genre, i.e., medieval fantasy open-world sword-and-sorcery RPG with a strong focus on storytelling and characters.  Both have very similar gameplay and execution, (i.e., third-person camera view, real-time tactical action combat with pause, dialogue choices that impact stories and characters, cinematic dialogues and dynamic cuts, etc.) Both will be released in the same time frame within a few months.  Both are in the same generation so they are comparable in terms of  technology and graphics.

Most importantly, both games will require intensive time investment.  Supposedly either one will consume over a hundred hours to complete.  Most adults will have the time to dedicate to only one of the two - unless someone has no job, no school, no family, and no life; then he can certainly sit in his parents' basement and play video games all days.  Otherwise, adults will have to prioritize and choose, and one has to come before the other  That is why the two games are competitions. 

Let say you can choose one and only one.  Which would you choose? Explain your choice.

Even if you say you will buy both, you must prefer one over the other.  So choose.

If Dragon Age 2 and Witcher 2 are any indication.. It won't be a competition so much as a fat kid rolling on the ground and a majestic Geralt riding a white stallion across the finish line..

But seriously.. I pre-ordered both. This is basically Biowares last chance to prove they are more then a SJW simulation creator (with heavily reused areas and multi-particle colored endings)

EDIT

FYI - I live with my girlfriend, work full time (more then 40 hours a week) as a software developer and go to the gym 3 days a week.. I promise you I will have more then enough time to play both these games. :lol:

Edited by Immortalis

From George Ziets @ http://new.spring.me/#!/user/GZiets/timeline/responses

Didn’t like the fact that I don’t get XP for combat. While this does put more emphasis on solving quests, the lack of rewards for killing creatures makes me want to avoid combat (the core activity of the game) as much as I can.

Dragon Age: Inquisition will be released on November 18, 2014, in North America, and November 21, 2014 in EU.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be released on March 24, 2015, four months after Dragon Age: Inquisition.

We will see a lot of denials, but the two games are direct competitions.  Both are the third installments in the series.  Both belong to the same genre, i.e., medieval fantasy open-world sword-and-sorcery RPG with a strong focus on storytelling and characters.  Both have very similar gameplay and execution, (i.e., third-person camera view, real-time tactical action combat with pause, dialogue choices that impact stories and characters, cinematic dialogues and dynamic cuts, etc.) Both will be released in the same time frame within a few months.  Both are in the same generation so they are comparable in terms of  technology and graphics.

Most importantly, both games will require intensive time investment.  Supposedly either one will consume over a hundred hours to complete.  Most adults will have the time to dedicate to only one of the two - unless someone has no job, no school, no family, and no life; then he can certainly sit in his parents' basement and play video games all days.  Otherwise, adults will have to prioritize and choose, and one has to come before the other  That is why the two games are competitions. 

Let say you can choose one and only one.  Which would you choose? Explain your choice.

Even if you say you will buy both, you must prefer one over the other.  So choose.

If Dragon Age 2 and Witcher 2 are any indication.. It won't be a competition so much as a fat kid rolling on the ground and a majestic Geralt riding a white stallion across the finish line..

But seriously.. I pre-ordered both. This is basically Biowares last chance to prove they are more then a SJW simulation creator (with heavily reused areas and multi-particle colored endings)

EDIT

FYI - I live with my girlfriend, work full time (more then 40 hours a week) as a software developer and go to the gym 3 days a week.. I promise you I will have more then enough time to play both these games. :lol:

Yeah you will, but you will lose both your job and girlfriend in the process since you will have locked yourself inside the basement.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Everything they've said so far indicates they're going even further down that road. Your companions are like a checklist to appeal to all the right SJW factions.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Everything they've said so far indicates they're going even further down that road. Your companions are like a checklist to appeal to all the right SJW factions.

FYI, the Iron Bull isn't bisexual, he's pansexual. Get the difference #ridethebull(yes it's real)

• Like 1

CD Project has always treated his customers fairly,while EAware has pissed all over their fans and now they're trying to look nice.i will never forget what they have done.

Its.

Its customers.

Acting like a company is a person and wuvs you is the same as hating EA.

Your companions are like a checklist to appeal to all the right SJW factions.

*rolls eyes*

Edited by Bryy
  • Like 1

CDP treats its customers well? That's the same company that makes the same half a dozen times and tries to pretend its 'new'? LMAO Not to mention they are horrible ebcause they pass off 'crap games' like they are good brainwashing people as they go.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

CDP treats its customers well? That's the same company that makes the same half a dozen times and tries to pretend its 'new'? LMAO Not to mention they are horrible ebcause they pass off 'crap games' like they are good brainwashing people as they go.

I didn't even understand half of what you wrote because of that horrible english. "Crap games", that's entirely subjective except if the game is completley broken. Several of EAs latest releases have been broken one way or the other. And don't forget their business practices, day 1 DLC Prothean for Mass Effect 3 comes to mind. There's a reason to why they got voted "the worst company in america".

"And don't forget their business practices, day 1 DLC Prothean for Mass Effect 3 comes to mind. "

Nothing wrong with this. Don't like it, don't buy it.

"There's a reason to why they got voted "the worst company in america"."\

All the more reason to support them (even thoguh I'm annoyed by  what they've done with the newest NHl game). The fact that idiots voted them as 'the worst' over companies  that murder people tells me one thing - people are idiots and the popular vote is ****.

Good thing I base my opinion on what i know to be right not on dummies.

"And don't forget their business practices, day 1 DLC Prothean for Mass Effect 3 comes to mind. "

Nothing wrong with this. Don't like it, don't buy it.

"There's a reason to why they got voted "the worst company in america"."\

All the more reason to support them (even thoguh I'm annoyed by  what they've done with the newest NHl game). The fact that idiots voted them as 'the worst' over companies  that murder people tells me one thing - people are idiots and the popular vote is ****.

Good thing I base my opinion on what i know to be right not on dummies.

I bet EA loves people like you that just bends over and take it from behind. Make sure to clean up the corporate **** after you're done.

I agree with "don't like it don't buy it", I don't agree with it being nothing wrong with taking things out of your game and selling it as day 1 DLC, that's unethical business like it or not.

A company being voted "the worst company in america" gives you a reason to support them? hahahaha!

"I bet EA loves people like you that just bends over and take it from behind. Make sure to clean up the corporate **** after you're done."

Hey, guyz, this is in reply to a guy who isn't buying the newest NHL game because EA ****ed it up.

"A company being voted "the worst company in america" gives you a reason to support them? hahahaha!"

Voted on by 'gamers'. And, we know what gamers are, right?

Oh God, another influx if Guys Who Have It All Figured Out. Oh well, comes with the kickstarter territory, I guess.

I really took it up the pooper from Obsids, though, spending 250 for a game I might get if the stars align. That's more than EAs evil ways have scored from me in ages!

Judging from the colossal witcher 2 box on one of my bookshelves, cdrojekti might manage to do it, too, even if they are not my imaginary friends. (My imaginary friends are all female and attractive).

• Like 3

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

A company being voted "the worst company in america" gives you a reason to support them? hahahaha!

Please don't bring this up any more, it's deeply embarrassing to be associated with the type of people who think EA with their day 1 DLC and Origin is worse than the sort of crap BoA and the other perennial contenders pulled and continue to pull. Makes gamers look like a bunch of entitled massively out of perspective zealots, and is just plain cringe inducing.

oh, and don't argue with Volo, there's no pastime less constructive.

• Like 2