Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forum edit function too... sensitive?

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Marceror

Marceror

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is voicing pity over a situation a personal attack? My bad.

It was more the being compared to a bum who wets himself part, actually. But I actually thought it was funny, particularly that it was stated by a moderator, which was supposed to have been conveyed by the smiley face with the tongue hanging out. You did see the smiley, right? At any rate, I suppose this is where someone is supposed to come along and tell us to get back on topic. Oh wait, again! :p

[uh oh, an edit?]

Edited by Marceror, 12 January 2019 - 05:54 AM.

• Gfted1 likes this

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2007 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Back on topic? Ok. I just made another mistake and I can't edit it to add a letter without it showing that it was edited. Damn my rusting English. :facepalm:

Marceror

Marceror

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Back on topic? Ok. I just made another mistake and I can't edit it to add a letter without it showing that it was edited. Damn my rusting English. :facepalm:

Dude, I totally know how that feels!

• InsaneCommander likes this

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5871 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ive got an idea! One of you clever posters created a mod that could remove specific posters from their view. What if they made something for you that removes the offending "edited by" from your view? Maybe they will see this and hook you up. :thumbsup:

Marceror

Marceror

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ive got an idea! One of you clever posters created a mod that could remove specific posters from their view. What if they made something for you that removes the offending "edited by" from your view? Maybe they will see this and hook you up. :thumbsup:

Assuming I could find time in between my brisk schedule riding trains and pissing myself, maybe I could look into that!

But a mod isn't required to remove posters from their view. You just have to put that poster on your ignore list. I have someone on mine.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5871 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think the mod even removes the notification of an ignored post. So it could possibly remove the notification, to you only, that you edited your own post. Win/win!

Frak

Frak

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 249 posts

I think the mod even removes the notification of an ignored post. So it could possibly remove the notification, to you only, that you edited your own post. Win/win!

Ah, but the rest of the world would know. And the knowledge that the world know, might be too much knowledge and make the poster end up as a bum who wets himself. How do you know that this hasn't happened on another forum already?

• InsaneCommander likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users