Forum edit function too... sensitive?

Marceror

Oh cool. Posts still get immediately tagged as edited. 5 years of asking about this have definitely been worth it! Thanks Obs!!! 😛

Guess I'll just have to wait until next time. At least the notification isn't nearly as obnoxious as before.

This thread continues....

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

2 minutes ago, injurai said:

The eternal constant that is this thread irrationally pleases me.

Likely Obsidian feels the same way. They couldn't dream of making a change that result in this thread no longer being posted in. You totally figured it out!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Marceror said:

Oh cool. Posts still get immediately tagged as edited. 5 years of asking about this have definitely been worth it! Thanks Obs!!! 😛

It mentions the edit twice now. Once at the top of the post (posted 1 hour ago...(edited)  ) and the edit tag in the actual post.

But aahhhh! I can highlight and quote only the highlighted section! Now that's one feature I can get behind. And the cut/paste r-click menu finickiness is gone.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

would be hypocritical for us to criticize one who fights a pointless multiyear battle as we have been part o' more than one such conflict... and Gromnir has never even been married. am nevertheless morbid curious to see just how long marceror approaches his chosen obstacle the exact same way.  

tenor.gif

am betting it took the cat less than five years to realize this approach to becoming hydrated were flawed.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

It mentions the edit twice now. Once at the top of the post (posted 1 hour ago...(edited)  ) and the edit tag in the actual post.

But aahhhh! I can highlight and quote only the highlighted section! Now that's one feature I can get behind. And the cut/paste r-click menu finickiness is gone.

Oh crap! It does mention it twice now. I somehow missed that before. Doh!

So glad to know Obsidian is listening! Warms the ole heart, it does. 😛

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Marceror said:

Oh crap! It does mention it twice now. I somehow missed that before. Doh!

So glad to know Obsidian is listening! Warms the ole heart, it does. 😛

23 hours ago, Marceror said:

Guess I'll just have to wait until next time. At least the notification isn't nearly as obnoxious as before.

This thread continues....

Next time they will make it mention three times. lol

sign.jpg

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I want another counter next to the reputation and post counter, showing how many times in total the user has edited any post.

Or, let’s take it to the next level and have each edit cost you 10 rep. 

Do you really want to fix that spelling error? How much is it worth to you? 😈

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Ethics Gradient said:

Or, let’s take it to the next level and have each edit cost you 10 rep. 

Do you really want to fix that spelling error? How much is it worth to you? 😈

make it a 50 rep penalty plus allow for negative rep and Gromnir is so supporting this suggestion.  minutes after implementation, we would edit each of our posts a dozen times... or more. -10k rep, here we come.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

What if all edited posts also had a watermark image taking up the entirety of the body said post. It could say something like "Attention Dip****s! This Mother F&%kin' post was edited by the Mother F*&kin' poster. Obsidian wants to ensure that NO ONE overlooks this fact!!!"

If the watermark made the actual post kind of hard to read, that would be most appropriate.

😛