Forum edit function too... sensitive?

Marceror

Seems a bit of a stretch to do every post, though.

Yeah, seems a bit exxxtreme.

There is no place for half measures, compromise or moderation (cough) on the road to greatness.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, seems a bit exxxtreme.

Yes, but sometimes what you really need is more than words.

It seems no one got the reference. Extreme? More than words? Anybody?

• Like 1

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Saying I love you
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say, but if you only knew
How easy it would be to show me how you feel
More than words is all you have to do to make it real
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you
More than words
La di da, da di da, di dai dai da
Now I've tried to talk to you and make you understand
All you have to do is close your eyes
And just reach out your hands and touch me
Hold me close don't ever let me go
More than words is all I ever needed you to show
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know
What would you do if my heart was torn in two
More than words to show you feel
That your love for me is real
What would you say if I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying I love you
More than words
More than words
La di da, da di da
La di da, da di da, more than words
La di da, da di da, more than words (oh uh uh uh)
More than words

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

18okyg.jpg

:p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I searched and couldn't find a topic about it, so I'll ask here. Does anyone know how to solve the problem with the notifications? I think somebody commented in another thread that it was caused by someone's username.

Edit: since that person replied to one of my comments I can't see my notifications.

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

but now the proverbial scarlet letter is emblazoned at the top o' your post. it mocks your failure even before a person has a chance to read your post. 

if is clickable, following should always be the destination:

HA! Good Fun!

ps in recognition o' this most quixotic o' threads, am hopeful obsidian adds edit stats to their leaderboard.  perhaps award special monikers for those who exceed a threshold number o' edits.

100 edits: compulsive editor

250 edits: even kubrick would balk at this many takes

500 edits: perry white

etc.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It is rather telling that Obsidian locked the thread announcing forum changes. Like, no, we're not going to dialogue with you about this. This just isn't a level of communication they are any good at.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

It is rather telling that Obsidian locked the thread announcing forum changes. Like, no, we're not going to dialogue with you about this. This just isn't a level of communication they are any good at.

*sigh*

start a new thread:

Obsidianclypse 2019

link to the announcement post

fin

(not)problem solved

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Oh stop getting reasonable... :p

to be fair, part o' the criticism is lack o' dialogue as 'posed to lack o' an open thread.  new thread ain't gonna make obsidian talk to marceror.  then again, is not as if any o' the open threads authored by obsidian folks has provided much dialogue either, so am not seeing much point to the criticism.

obsidian has been far more taciturn o' late... no, that is misleading.  there has been a handful o' obsidian developers over the years who has made efforts to engage with fans on these boards, but such folks is rare, and josh, who were singular visible and responsive on these boards, quit posting in this place. other than a few qa folks, is little possible interaction with obsidian developers on obsidian's boards.  just is.  am admitted a bit disappointed with the lack o' obsidian dialogue on their boards, but open or closed thread don't make a bit o' difference. non-factor. 

wanna talk 'bout upcoming message board changes, then create a board change thread. a few qa guys or perhaps aarik might respond.  thus is the gordian knot unraveled.

HA! Good Fun!

War. War never changes.

The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.

But war never changes.

In the 21st century, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources, China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling the last remaining resources on Earth.

In 2077, the storm of world war had come again. In two brief hours, most of the planet was reduced to cinders. And from the ashes of nuclear devastation, a new civilization would struggle to arise.

A few were able to reach the relative safety of the large underground vaults. Your family was part of that group that entered the Obsidian Forums. Imprisoned safely behind the large Vault door, under a mountain of stone, a generation has lived without knowledge of the outside world.

Life on the Obsidian Forums are about to change.

• Like 5

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

As long as the reply editor and quote functions don't get any worse I'll be fine with any other small changes. I think.  :biggrin: 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That sounds as if the quote function were bad...

Well, I like to edit things I quote a lot of the time to save space. And about 3/4 of the time if I highlight something within a quote in the editor and press delete, the quote coding freaks out and disappears.  Thus I have to hit the BBCode button up there and do quote editing that way, then go back the wysiwig editor to finish (sometimes, not always necessary).

Also, whenever I embed large images, hitting Enter afterwords deletes the image I just embedded instead of creating a new paragraph/spacing underneath it, so again I have to hit the BBCode button, hit Enter a few times, go back to wysiwig to embed another image link, repeat. It's annoying. Maybe it's just me but it's been like that for ages and through many many versions of Firefox. I don't remember when it was, but they did some forum change/updating long ago that initially really fubared quotes IIRC ... it's gotten better since then but it's still sorta broken imo. I suppose I could always use the code editor and never the wysiwig, but its weird formatting is a little hard to read/work with when creating a post.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts