Forum edit function too... sensitive?

Marceror

I was just giving you a chance to clarify otherwise.

Exactly.

Oh, cool. Guy who wants fans to be censored wants fans to be censored. Congratulations on your kick ass world view. :p

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I was just giving you a chance to clarify otherwise.

Exactly.

Oh, cool. Guy who wants fans to be censored wants fans to be censored. Congratulations on your kick ass world view. :p

I think this stems from a general misunderstanding of the function, or purpose, of these forums.

It stems from a feature of these forums that I happen to find asinine. I have a better chance of getting it changed if I say something, rather than not. I'll concede that my chances aren't looking great after 3.5 years, but what can I say, I'm stubborn. And these posts don't cost much to make.

Yes, pls someone fix the not working line breaks in BBCode post mode. :>

This is still not fixed either, no? Can't check right now, because of mobile phone. Does the forum getting any updates anyway? What about security issues? I had my data stolen on quite a lot boards in the past couple years, seeing my "have I been pwned?" counter steadily go up. Makes me wonder when the Obsidian Board will show up on the list.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that nothing has changed. :thumbsup:

Well, that's a relief....

Err....

No... wait.  ;( 

This is still not fixed either, no? Can't check right now, because of mobile phone. Does the forum getting any updates anyway? What about security issues? I had my data stolen on quite a lot boards in the past couple years, seeing my "have I been pwned?" counter steadily go up. Makes me wonder when the Obsidian Board will show up on the list.

Forums are a pretty terrible vector for security threats, given that almost no important information is stored on them besides an email address with only very few notable exceptions. Maybe they can get your password if the security is truly terrible - anyone that has their email password the same as all the stuff that's registered to that email to is going to be in a world hurt sooner or later regardless, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 1 month later...

Forums are a pretty terrible vector for security threats, given that almost no important information is stored on them besides an email address with only very few notable exceptions. Maybe they can get your password if the security is truly terrible - anyone that has their email password the same as all the stuff that's registered to that email to is going to be in a world hurt sooner or later regardless, though.

You mean, I shouldn't use the same password to manage my money as I use for this forum?? Ruh-oh! :p

• 5 weeks later...

I have a dream... that these issues will be fixed someday.

This!

"fixed" implies something is broken.  nothing is broken.  board software accurately displays the time when a post were edited.  yeah, Gromnir is old, so perhaps we don't get the expectations o' the younger generation(s).  why a game developer should need be sensitive o' the potential bruised egos o' posters who utilize the edit function o' the boards is outside our personal experience and understanding.  feel some kinda shame at being identified as a post editor? solution: don't edit.  is no personal crisis for us when we see we made an error in a post, but am guessing others is more concerned 'bout such stuff. regardless, is no mystary 'bout how the software works and is working as designed.  the edit feature design is clear and it works as one would reasonable expect. nothing broken.  no need for a fix.

will confess to morbid curiosity regarding how long the thread continues.  is kinda like when you hear how a woman had a tapeworm surgically removed from intestines and you cannot help but wonder at the parasite's length.  3'?  eventual length o' the parasite is the only real question at this point, no?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I have a dream... that these issues will be fixed someday.

I have a dream that all Sonics will rise up and stand with me.

This is a great thread, I don't think we should let it die. Disagree but you will only be keeping it alive

*Evil laughter arouses*

Muahahahahaha

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

So, funny story. I was on the Paradox Interactive forums recently. I made a post, and realized I had I unintentionally used the wrong word in one of my sentences. I quickly edited the

message and corrected the word. Once complete, there was no evidence that this harmless change had been made. No permanent record of it taking up space on the screen, providing utterly useless information for all to see (unlike some "other" web forum, that I will not name).

Really, that's how it works on basically every other forum I have ever used. Except one, which again, I will not call out by name. But I'll give you all one guess as to which. :p

r00fles!

You jacked up the second sentence and must now edit your post. Oh the humanity! :lol:

It is technically the third sentence he mangled. But we all know that since you mods can edit your posts without having the "edited by" note show, you will no doubt remove all evidence, in yet another example of abuse of (editorial) power by the privileged class!

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

• 4 months later...

Well, if the MS rumor ends up being true, I'll likely finally get a forum that doesn't have this most irksome configuration. On the other hand, I can't imagine an MS owned Obsidian ever creating a game I'd want to purchase. Although I'm sure some would get a kick out of an FPS Pillars of Eternity game, of course with no pesky party following you around. And totally optimized for XBox. Yay.... :/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It IS a great thread, so uch anger in it. Sith and Red Lanterns would be proud, makes YouTube jelly.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 1 month later...

It IS a great thread, so uch anger in it. Sith and Red Lanterns would be proud, makes YouTube jelly.Tha

Thank you for acknowledging the greatness!

At least someone around here is capable of acknowledging the thread! ;)

EDIT: CHANGED THE WORD IT TO THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AREN'T YOU GLAD THE BOARD CALLED THAT OUT!!!! WEEEEE!!!!

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 1