Forum edit function too... sensitive?

Marceror

Agreed that it's a minor annoyance, but I'm still hopeful that the appropriate OE team member might stop in for 30 seconds and tell me to piss off, and that he'll/she'll do this when hell freezes over.

Then I'll stop wondering about it.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

• 1 month later...

Being able to stealth edit my posts is one of the best things about being a mod. :lol: I hope they never take Humanoid's advice or things could get embarrassing.

I thought the best part of being a mod was the booze and bitches?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I've been using the 'preview post' button more often now than ever before. It's a great feature and good to see how your posts come out. Especially when you're multi-quoting and breaking up quotes to answer specific points. I'd recommend take the extra 5-10 seconds to preview it before hitting the 'add reply' button. When you're finding mistakes and doing edits, just hit preview again and it updates your preview.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Not a grace period, what we need is more self-confidence, the power to Like our own posts. If you don't love yourself, no one else will, right, makes sense.  

That's what alts are for!

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 3 weeks later...
dra·co·ni·an
drəˈkōnēən/  
adjective
adjective: draconian
  1. (of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe.

• 10 months later...

I guess it's been almost a year since I posted around here, and I had blissfully forgotten about this website's strange quirk with respect to marking threads as edited. Didn't take long for me to be reminded though! :)

So, if we can't get a more reasonable window for marking posts as edited, any chance we can a "reason for edit" field added? Seems like this should be a minimum requirement given the strictness around this website's policy.

I'll ask. Forum feature upgrades, etc. are the domain of the Administrator God...

I don't believe in the Administrator God anymore. It seems someone just made him up, so they wouldn't feel so alone during those long nights searching for answers... on the forum. I can find no evidence that he actually exists.

I ask for a sign. Just a small sign that he's real. But I'm just getting dead air. I have lost my faith....

• Like 1

Obsidian should add this edit feature as a reward tier for their next Kickstarter.

"Want to be able to edit your post without anyone seeing you've done so?  Pledge the $150 tier!"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I am so used to seeing "edited" under all of my posts. In fact, right now I can't remember any post where I didn't need to change something right after hitting the submit-button. And I bet right after writing this post, I'll edit something as well.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I am so used to seeing "edited" under all of my posts. In fact, right now I can't remember any post where I didn't need to change something right after hitting the submit-button. And I bet right after writing this post, I'll edit something as well.

I'm right there with you. I tend to type too quickly, and invariably type a teh or something similar. I notice after posting and quickly correct it. It really doesn't deserve to be called out for all (pillars of) eternity.

Measure twice, post once

Good advice. It will never happen.

If I'm sending an important email to my boss, I'll measure two or three times. Not for Internet forum posting. Type fast and move on... unless I happen to notice a typo after posting. Then my OCD kicks in and forces me to fix it. This isn't usually an issue at all, except for one web forum in particular....

• 8 months later...

Incidentally, I posted (and edited) the above post at 9:37, not 9:43 as the forum indicates. Seems your forums' internal clock is off by about 6 minutes....

EDIT JUSTIFICATION: I REALIZED THAT I FORGOT TO PUT AN APOSTROPHE AFTER THE WORD FORUMS. IT'S EVIDENTALLY STILL IMPORTANT TO CALL THESE THINGS OUT ON FORUMS.OBSIDIAN.NET, SO I AM PROVIDING THE OH, SO IMPORTANT DETAILS BEHIND THE EDIT. GLAD WE'RE DOING THIS. I'M ALMOST CONVERTED TO THEIR WAY OF THINKING.

Edited by Marceror
  • Like 1

Other than the clock concern, editing is currently no longer time limited as this has not been misused as it has been previously. As I look into the time for the server, which may be out of our hands (per se), are thee other experiences about the boards that might require tweaking?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: