Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elf Portrait

Elf Portrait grin

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Trodat

Trodat

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

Most likely Obsidian is "focusing" on making sure that the Companion portraits (Kana Rua not sure if a playable companion) are very well done, and so far that seems pretty much be the case. You can definitely sense their personalities - Edér being a cool bro, Pallegina showing her knightly devotion and Kana Rua having sort of rastafari / jamaican chillness.

I Roll 20

I Roll 20

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 90 posts
Who is Kana Rua and why this hasn't been updated on the official wiki yet? http://pillarsofeter...f_Eternity_Wiki

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
http://pillarsofeter...dia.com/Chanter

ashtonw

ashtonw

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I don't care for any of the aumaua portraits we've seen except the backer one. I don't mind the inconsistency so much except those really don't fit the others. All the ones by Kaz we've seen are amazing.

I actually have a lot of fondness for BG1's portraits, but they are pretty goofy. Despite starting with your foster father getting murdered before your eyes, BG1 was not very serious in tone. Not to mention you had like two portraits to choose from and the rest belonged to NPCs.

ALSO I love the modular portraits and I'm surprised it's taken so long for such an idea to be implemented.

• Leferd likes this

SnarkyArky

SnarkyArky

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
I rather like that the portraits looks like paintings. It gives a handcrafted feeling to the interface. I also enjoy the subdued colour palette that still manages to look fairly vibrant.

600lbpanther

600lbpanther

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 65 posts

I cannot be the only one who hates this picture, because of the **** eating grin. :shifty:

http://hydra-media.c...f-portraits.jpg

A little dissapointed with the photo choices for my Wood Elf (right now at least...) and I am definitely not a fan of these 3.

Also, I think that when you have 3 photos in a row where the base photo stays the same while superficial changes happen (i.e. - hair style) you lose a little of the "wow" or unique factor.

It may seem like a petty thing griping about character portraits.  However, with the limited character model options offered coupled with the low-level of detail of those options:  The portrait of your character becomes pretty important (to me!).  It helps visually define in vivid detail what exactly my character, and companions, look like. 

I hope there are a few more options...I found one I do like for my wood-elf but again...just one. 

InsaneCommander

InsaneCommander

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2071 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is anybody planning to play as a death godlike? Because they look awful.

I will definately play as a Death Godlike Bleak Walker Paladin. But maybe I'll leave it for a second playthrough. I'm very interested in the Ranger and the Druid too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Elf, Portrait, grin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users