It's an Elf, smirk or not it should be hated!

• Like 9

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I like all the PoE portraits I have seen. I never customize portraits in my first run anyways and it always results in me linking the original portrait with the companion. I save custom portraits to that wacky modrun later. :)

• Like 1

I'll be using Baldur's Gate 1 portraits regardless, so I care not one little bit. The only thing that ever came close to the BG1 portraits was Icewind Dale 1, everything in any other style is just crap.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

Just for sake of the holy grail of balance, I'll chip in to say I like the portraits and am looking forward to using them.

I may use custom portraits eventually, but unless my image for my PC is completely comprimised by all of them, I'll be running with the standard portraits for at least the first few playthroughs.

• Like 6

Somehow I think these are tangentially relevant regarding elf hate.

The portraits themselves are good, and I could see myself using them should I want to create a puny and squishy elf.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I like the portraits I've seen, including the elf, but for a PC I usually just make my own (already made my druid one for PoE though it may get tweaked).

I wonder if we'll have access to the portraits as separate assets (.jpg/.bmp) rather than having them only in the game code.  That way I could more easily view through them all and also alter them more easily.

(Perhaps this could be a little 'extra' like they have with the BG games at GOG - or is a larger version of the portraits on of the art-tier backer awards?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I don't like the modular portraits. To be able to do those they have to sacrifice a bit of quality of the final versions.

The portraits is probably the only area of the game that doesn't have a consistent art style. Well they kinda do, within loose boundaries.

Great portraits so far: The Godlike portraits, Kaz's early portraits, Polina's Kana Rua.

Others are okay/average.

Havent seen high enough res versions of some of the backer portraits to give a judgement yet.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 2

Adolescence as a female death godlike really must be hell.

Pimples on pimples

Eww. I wonder where else exactly that stuff grows on their body!

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke