Streaming

Osvir

Hi!

So the Backer Beta is released soon, and some might want to record, or maybe want to just take screenshots, or maybe only do forum posts. Regardless, here's some tips for getting started with streaming:

1. Get a program (Ustream, XSplit Gamecaster/Broadcaster), you need to register to be able to use it.

2. Sign up on YouTube, Ustream, Twitch (google) etc. etc. you can connect XSplit (for instance) with YouTube, Twitch, justin.tv etc.etc.

3. Start recording.

The tutorials are simple and the programs are user-accessible and quick to understand, download and install.

XSplit - This is what I use myself, and it is really easy to use. I don't know about Gamecaster compatability with Pillars of Eternity (duh), but I will try it and see what happens tomorrow. Broadcaster is more flexible (you can decide which screen region you want to record, Gamecaster simply records/streams games).

XSplit is partially free, it has some features you can unlock by "upgrading" (subscription based). You don't have to do it though. Ustream is also partially free in the same manner.

Happy recording :)

Hi!

So the Backer Beta is released soon, and some might want to record, or maybe want to just take screenshots, or maybe only do forum posts. Regardless, here's some tips for getting started with streaming:

1. Get a program (Ustream, XSplit Gamecaster/Broadcaster), you need to register to be able to use it.

2. Sign up on YouTube, Ustream, Twitch (google) etc. etc. you can connect XSplit (for instance) with YouTube, Twitch, justin.tv etc.etc.

3. Start recording.

The tutorials are simple and the programs are user-accessible and quick to understand, download and install.

XSplit - This is what I use myself, and it is really easy to use. I don't know about Gamecaster compatability with Pillars of Eternity (duh), but I will try it and see what happens tomorrow. Broadcaster is more flexible (you can decide which screen region you want to record, Gamecaster simply records/streams games).

XSplit is partially free, it has some features you can unlock by "upgrading" (subscription based). You don't have to do it though. Ustream is also partially free in the same manner.

Happy recording :)

Bit a crime to not recommend Open Broadcast Software.

Awesome! *fistbump* gj :)

I like this guide better just for using OBS.

& bonarbill I only know of XSplit and Ustream (Uplay? Idk). Fraps and some other thing as well. It is great to have many perspectives I believe. I believe OBS is good as everyone praises it :D so I might try it out, but I already have XSplit.

XSplits website/product presentation or design is pretty bad though. I'm fine with their ads for their own product. Other than that, the tool is great and records everything in .flv files so it hardly takes any space. It's not an awful client/recorder :)

Edited by Osvir