Our House vs. our Stronghold

It would be cool if you could display trophies of your epic kills, such as a dragon tooth etc.

Didn't they have something like that in Mass Effect?

At any rate, a trophy room, whether in the house or the main keep structure itself would be pretty cool.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

My trophies will be kept in my dungeon. A menagerie of defeated foes.

So I can go like this whenever I darn well please:

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

I think it's a foregone conclusion that there will be a place for the party to sleep in the stronghold. This shouldn't represent 2 stretch goals.

"Your player house is located within the boundaries of the stronghold, but it is its own building with its own upgrades/benefits."

"I think physically splitting the house and the stronghold increases the likelihood that the player will choose to not visit one or the other (most likely, the house) over the course of the game."

-Sawyer.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64350-update-63-stronghold/?p=1368432

Oh no! There went my plan of skipping the stronghold altogether. Unless I can skip that house too. I refuse to take part in any bloated financial scheme of money sinks and smoke screens. I don't want to create any Enron in Eora, if you know what I mean. :)

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I think it's a foregone conclusion that there will be a place for the party to sleep in the stronghold. This shouldn't represent 2 stretch goals.

"Your player house is located within the boundaries of the stronghold, but it is its own building with its own upgrades/benefits."

"I think physically splitting the house and the stronghold increases the likelihood that the player will choose to not visit one or the other (most likely, the house) over the course of the game."

-Sawyer.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64350-update-63-stronghold/?p=1368432

Oh no! There went my plan of skipping the stronghold altogether. Unless I can skip that house too. I refuse to take part in any bloated financial scheme of money sinks and smoke screens. I don't want to create any Enron in Eora, if you know what I mean. :)

Well it is the Age of exploration in the gameworld setting. Maybe I'll be able to start my very own Dyrwood East Aedyr Company.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 7 months later...

I hope that these two things are fleshed out, even if they are in the same place. The stronghold seems good from previews. I just think that a $200,000 stretch goal shouldn't be combined just for convenience or because they are viewed as the same thing. The backers raised the cash and they decided how much they would need for said goal.

Also if there is a second place to rest on the map then all the better. Who wants to trek across the map all of the time?

Why would you get a stronghold if you already have a house then?

Also, if you get a stronghold it's usually to protect your lands and their inhabitants. You could get a house, then meet the need to raise some walls to defend against bandits, kobolds or things. And there you have a stronghold.

There's a significant difference between having a house + a fence and an actual self-sustaining castle with its associated revenues.

Well, in a castle you have a keep (the lord's "house"), several utility buildings (stables, barracks, ...), and a wall with a gate. Now, you can also have a village or a little city around walls too so people houses do not burn down when invaded. However, the farms are out in the country yard.

Now, having  stony castle or a woody one is just a matter of technology.

More a matter of resources and time than tech.  You have to go a long way back to find people who hadn't figured out the secret to 'pile rocks on each other, maybe with some mud between so they stick'

@osvir.  Pesky ninjas. :yes:

Edited by Voss