My flesh is weak. Weak!

Damn it. I tried so hard to not buy early beta access, but today I broke. I watched the PC Gamer demo video three times since last night, and wanted to get the beta so bad, but had decided that I didn't want to spoil anything until the complete game was released. Then today, I got slapped in the face with payday and money to waste, and my frail flesh succumbed to temptation...

Damn you, Obsidian. Damn you all to hell!

• Like 11

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

I specifically pledged "Just the game" to get the game and not get beta access. That worked out well...

Stay strong, Ink Blot.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

I have originally bought just the game and expansion but as it gets close and close to the beta and launch my excitement grew and grew. I gave in and bought beta access and Obsidian Order and I'm looking into upgrading my tier as well as possibly buying extra copies as Christmas presents.

• Like 1

I did the same thing. Haven't bought the expansion yet (kinda baffles me why that is offered before the main game is even out) but I did by the beta access and I rationalized it in that they will not give me any part of the game that includes the main campaign. In the meantime I can test for bugs and other issues (I did the same for D:OS) and learn a bit about how the combat works and just get a feel for the game without having the main plot spoiled. With D:OS even with just one area given to us in early access I still had an idea of where it was all heading. I don't think that will be the case here. But even with an idea of where D:OS was heading from early access I've still logged an additional 100 hours since release so I don't think people should be overly concerned here.

A good thing with the beta is that it won't spoil anything of the story.

I wouldn't say anything, but, very, very little. It is, indeed, a good thing. Unless you ask a number of folks who just want to play the whole game early. I believe they also demanded a golden goose egg, and said they wanted one RIGHT NOW. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Haven't bought the expansion yet (kinda baffles me why that is offered before the main game is even out) 

I honestly do not understand why this is confusing. We're in the age of Season Passes. It was an incentive to pledge to a higher tier in a fundraiser. Obsidian wants to cultivate and grow this IP.