What Class do you plan to play first?

For final release i dont know since the anwser will depend on my experience with the beta. The first character i will create in beta is a chanter, after that a druid followed by priest,cipher and fighter.

Edited by fruiteater

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." Plato

I'd play druids on the first run if I get a honey badger.

You might need to play Wasteland 2 for honey badgers, because honey badgers don't care!

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Having played a bit of the beta, I think my PC will be best served by playing either a Paladin or a Cipher. Both classes allow me to place my character stats for RP reasons (low strength and constitution, high intelligence, high perception and resolve) whilst also functionally dual-wielding without any semblance of being a "sneaky" character.

I expect Ciphers to be toned down somewhat for the end game, as currently they strike me as a bit overpowered. Haven't even touched Chanters yet, but the idea of my PC being a bard is even worse than a (sneaky) rogue or barbarian.

Obsidian have acknowledged that Chanters are overpowered at this stage, but I've noticed a few people talk about Ciphers being overpowered too. I haven't played a Chanter, but at the levels I've played so far Ciphers certainly seem overpowered.

Was it the chanters or the ciphers that people kept saying are overpowered by the way?

Yep, chanters. I would gladly try one out if my party's damn equipment would stop disappearing! Grrr!

As a side note, your party's gear is pretty much essential in a game like this. You can go from zero to hero, and back, based on your gear, or lack thereof. I'm betting that in the final game the BB area will be much easier than it is currently, not because Obsidian will need to balance it back, but because you'll arrive at this part of the game with far better gear (preferably of the non-disappearing variety).

Edited by Marceror

A rogue, probably. I'm increasingly getting the image in my head of a swashbuckling mercenary from the Vailian Republics, bigger on stealth and wit than brute force or magic. 

So, thus far, since getting the beta I've been playing as an overworked IT manager. This is because bugs like disappearing gear have resulted in me stepping back from the beta, and I'm now playing my much less exciting backup class.