Do we get to name our pets?

This question may have been previously answered on the forum, but I can't seem to find it. I really want a pet cat to name Namu.

• Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Fluffle: Great idea! It's hard to beat the romantic power of a limping, half-drowned and shaggy Lassie approaching you in slow motion up a river bank, yapping delightfully, at the end of a tough adventure. All baddies are beaten off, all that remains is that big fat canine hug, with an eager sloppy tongue, the air thick with the smell of wet fur and open wounds.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 5

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Or pet beetles? I'll name mine Adam.

:lol: His legendary failure at Gamescon must be immortalized somehow. If not as a pet, anybody still have a gravestone or such that they don't know what to do with? Here Lies Adam, Killed By Beetles.

yes please :D

I hope so. I'm already planning the names for my characters. I definitely want a suitable name for the pet of Dyrtipix the Aedyran barbarian aristocrat.

(If I make an Aumaua from Rauatai, he'll be named Hakaniemenkatu. That's only funny if you're a Finn though.)

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

:lol: His legendary failure at Gamescon must be immortalized somehow. If not as a pet, anybody still have a gravestone or such that they don't know what to do with? Here Lies Adam, Killed By Beetles.

"Adam did not Get Back from the Beetles"

"Adam Imagined, Beetles came"

Edited by Osvir

This will probably be an uninteresting story, but I'll tell it anyway:

About seven years ago I found a stray cat with a litter under my grand-fathers car. Among the kittens was a runt of a kitten with white fur and a little pink nose. The poor runt was in bad shape; she had an eye infection and wasn't able to get any milk due to being smaller and weaker than her siblings. It was certain the kitten was destined to die soon. I took pity on her, and took her home for care. I succeeded in curing the infection and gave her the milk she needed to survive.  Eventually, I showed the kitten to my friends.

One of my friends asked about the kitten's name; for some reason Yoshimitsu from Soul Caliber 2 came to mind. I named her "Namu" after the word Yoshimitsu would spam in the game. A few days later while on the internet I decided to see if namu meant anything; so I looked it up on google. Turns out namu means tree in korean. Because of this I use the name "NamuTree" in honor of my cat Namu. 

This is why I want to name my cat Namu in poe. I would really enjoy it if poe lets you name your pet.

• Like 9

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

I hope so. I'm already planning the names for my characters. I definitely want a suitable name for the pet of Dyrtipix the Aedyran barbarian aristocrat.

(If I make an Aumaua from Rauatai, he'll be named Hakaniemenkatu. That's only funny if you're a Finn though.)

I guess I should name my elven druid Pihlajatie.

• Like 1

"Adam did not Get Back from the Beetles"

"Adam Imagined, Beetles came"

There was ease in Adam's manner as he stepped out to travel from this place;

There was pride in Adam's bearing and a smile on Adam's face.

And when, responding to the crowds come to see him over that last hill crest,

he saluted such that no stranger in the crowd could doubt 'twas Adam at his best.

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;

The bards are playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,

And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;

But there is no joy for Adam - mighty beetles had taken him out.

(Apologies to Earnest Thayer)

• Like 8

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Did you hear his " I did it!" after he killed the ogre? That should be reserved to occasions like winning the Oscar or something similar. After he reached town, he forgot that he picked up the head :facepalm:

• Like 1

I dont need an option to give my "pet" a name. It´s there to help me in combat or to do some scouting.

I don't think the pet can actually fight or scout - I think it's just a novelty that follows you around.

It can't die so it'd be too OP to be used as even a scout.

Ranger's animal companions are another matter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Oh ok then. Well... if it cant die then it´s a gimmick or what ? A chicken pet that can go berzerk causing the ultimate destruction would be funny yes but an ordinary pet that is invulnerable seems very out of place imo. But i understand it´s funny and fluffy, cute and funny and fluffy and cute and fluffy and funny and funny and fluffy and cute .... ehehe.

Is there a chip of comedy i can plug into my head to understand that ? it´s very OFF lately ;)

Edited by NWN_babaYaga